PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Beta Builders needed!

Old 06-14-2011, 01:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Civil War ships ready to beta build!

I recently was forced to get my old lap top working as my newer one had a blow out with the power supply. The up shot was that I found a bunch of models that I had started and had not ever finished. Now, the models are ready for test builds. All are pretty good and will be made available on www.ecardmodels but I need to know that they go together good and I need digital pictures for the site. As always, the sooner the better! Also, I like to have at least two people to build a model so I get feed back from two builders. The below models are ready to go. Some I have sent out and are under construction already, but as I said, I would like at least two builds. Build threads are optional.

USS Champion, tin clad number 24.
This model is of a Union Ticlad side wheeled gunboat. It is a small model with a lot of small details. I have not attempted it. It has small parts and requires some mast building and rigging. 1/250 scale waterline. No interior stuff other then the guns.

CSS Peedee wooden gunboat
This is a pretty straight foreword build, but has some small parts such as the capstan with spokes. It too requires some mast building from skewers and rigging. There is a diagram for that. 1/250 scale waterline.

Porter's 10 gun ironclad river sloop
This is a rather large ironclad even at 1/250 scale, and builds like most of my other ironclad models. I built this one with no major issues, just need some pictures and a second opinion. Although the interior is provided, it is optional. Waterline model.

CSS Tennessee/CSS Arkansas concept 1861 model
Although a caemate type ship, this model has no roof and the inner gun deck is visable, along with two exposed pivot guns. Requires two simple masts with limited rigging. Waterline 1/250 scale.

Confederate vessel built at White Hall
Another casemate ironclad, with optional interior. Waterline 1/250 scale.

If interested in building one of these, please PM me with your email, and I will send the PDF over. a review of the intructions, parts and model in general would be helpful. Thanks,
CT
Old 06-14-2011, 01:42 PM

Awesome guys, and thanks. Anyone else? Don't be shy now.
CT
Old 03-04-2012, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi, unable to PM you....think it's because I'm a new member! Love your models. I use them for wargamibg and rescale them to 1:150. Hope you continue to make more to add to my collection! Any chance you have a Cairo class ship in the pipeline?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 77.25 MB
CTErtz Are the CSS Arkansas and the Tennessee the same boat? Also when are you going to design the "City Class " boats the Uss Cairo Mound City etc? I love your ironclads!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:48 AM

I don't think Corey will do the City class as they are being done by fishbait over on the 'Models and Moore' site.
Google Adsense
Old 11-07-2012, 01:53 PM

OK, here are another batch of ships I have ready or nearly ready to build and I need test builders for them. Build, pictures, comments, you know the deal! PM me with your email and the ship or ship models you want and I will get them to you.

CSN Turret ship, "Confederate monitor".
Water line in 1/250 scale. A simplified and possibly more seaworthy version of the monitor style warship.
CSS Diana (tinclad Confederate Gunboat)
This is my version of the Diana as it may have been. I will soon have an alternate version as well. Waterline, in 1/250 scale.
CSS Yazoo City (Casemate gunboat)
Largest warship built on inland waters! Waterline 1/250 scale. (I will be doing a full hull version in the near future as well.)
USS Vindicator Ram
After some messing around with smoke stacks, this 1/250 waterline model is now ready.
USS Clyde gunboat.
This one is nice but has some small parts and lots of rigging. 1/250 scale waterline.
USS Cimmaron wooden gunboat
This is highly detailed and is full hulled. A lot of work here. Full rigging and sails, and is in the larger 1/150 scale!

Anyhow, those are what I have. I have a few more in the works but I would like to get these off my plate first!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM

Are you going to do the Nashville?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM

Yep, I still have the CSS Nashville planned. John Wallis has provided to me a good drawing and the information on the history.
CT
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 78.14 MB
Send a message via MSN to rebelatsea
Hi Corey, I'd absolutely love to build the Yazoo City, but have just started construction of JSCs Queen Mary II in 1/400 scale for my son . It's pretty big, think I'm going to have to commandeer the dining table ! and a lot of parts so don't know when I'd be free.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:23 AM

Thats fine John. I will hold that big ship for you! I have to do the instructions and diagrams anyhow. I always forget that part! I got a bit behind on everything! But I think my days should be getting a routine to them now so I should have some consistent time at night to work on models, building and design!
CT