PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Beta Builders needed!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)

Hi Everyone!

It's been a very long road but I think we've done it. I've been working with Chris over at Ecardmodels.com to start making laser cut frames available starting with Models By Marek. We have decided to start off the beta testing with 4 sets of 1:33 frames. Here's what we need.... 1, possibly 2 serious builders for each model. Obviously these kits are all different in terms of complexity so the time taken to complete them will vary. If it's possible, I'd really like to see a build thread or at the very least a good review in the end. What will be mandatory though will be to stay in contact with me during the build so we can iron out some of the wrinkles before I release these frame sets. So, if you are a serious builder who enjoys precision and helping out, drop us a note here The same goes for any questions, laser discussion etc etc. I can't speak for the kits themselves but the frames will obviously be free of charge for those chosen (I'll obviously need your mailing address). Maybe it's a great time to start building one of these Marek kits!

1- Models by Marek Junkers Ju-87b - The kit I used as the base for this set was the Africa Corps Ju-87 b-2 Trop. I'm positive this set will work with any of the other Marek Ju-87's in 1:33 available here
1/33 Junkers Ju-87B Afrika Corps Paper Model

2- Models by Marek Nieuport 17 - Again, this should work with any Marek Nieuport 17 variation in 1:33 available here
1/33 Nieuport 17c.1 Imperial Russian 3AO 2BAG Paper Model

3- Models by Marek Messerschmitt Bf-109E-1 Frames will work with all 5 variations of the famous 'Emil' available here
1/33 Bf-109E Red "13" Germany 1940 Paper Model

4- Models by Marek Grumman F6F-5 'Hellcat' This is one sweet kit! Sorry, I just had to say that Producing these frames takes copying, pasting and manipulation of each and every part within Corel Draw. It sure gave me a much greater appreciation of what goes into designing one of these kits. Anyways, here she is .
1/33 Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat Navy fighter
Attached Thumbnails
Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-formers1.jpg   Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-formers2.jpg   Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-bf-109-1.jpg   Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-f6f-1.jpg   Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-former-optional.jpg  

Laser Cut Frames and Formers (Beta testers needed!)-heinkel.jpg  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
I'll set my Wingnut Wings Fokker D.VIIF aside to test the Nieuport 17 product. Trying to cut out the wing ribs has kicked my butt in the past so laser-cut would be sweet. PM or e-mail me - oldtroll -at- verizon -dot- net for my mailing address.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I'll help...and seem to have the builder's block problem whipped into submission.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
I'll give the Hellcat a go, if you'd like. Shoot me a PM and I'll give my address.

My Drawings
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM

Right on! Please pm me your addresses guys. I have the Heinkel He-51W on the
machine as we speak so if anyone is interested.. (picture of the floats dry fit are above somewhere )
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
I'm interest in F6F-5 but I'm in Thailand. Very far from you to send a kit, Ron :-)
Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 PM

Nobi my friend, I would be happy to send you one! Please PM your address to me. My wife says hello to you and your family by the way
Old 07-22-2013, 09:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
nice work guys
Old 07-23-2013, 01:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
Ron, Please say Hi to her too :-) How much of that laser cutting machine? I thinking to purchase Craftrobo, a card cutting machine but still not purchase yet. I think cutting machine will make a looking good model easily like instant noodle.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:07 AM

Hello. One of the weaknesses laser cutting is that the edges of the paper burns But now is the best method.
Google Adsense