PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Beta Builders needed!

Old 12-14-2015, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.29 MB
Yuuki's sword from Sword Art Online 2

Hello everyone!

I have just finished my first ever model/design. It was the sword own by a character named Konno Yuuki from an anime Sword Art Online 2. It should be around 100cm long when finished. I really need someone (or two) to beta test my model to check if the tab is in place and everything work fine. Design is quiet simple. I don't have the proper material right now, so I highly appreciate anyone who interested to beta test it. I'm not in rush, but it will be great if someone complete it by this 20/12.

P/S - Sorry if there is grammatical error.
Attached Files
File Type: pdo Zekken sword beta.pdo (123.6 KB, 40 views)
Google Adsense
Old 12-14-2015, 07:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.19 MB
Hi,

You may be able to get more volunteers if you were to offer a PDF format instead of pepakura (PDO).
Old 12-15-2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_son View Post
Hi,

You may be able to get more volunteers if you were to offer a PDF format instead of pepakura (PDO).
Here it is! I have to zip it since the size of the pdf has exceed the size limit of this forum.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Zekken sword beta.zip (520.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-15-2015, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Hmmm? I've downloaded it, but with 16 pages I doubt it will get built until well into the New Year. Might I suggest some parts rearrangement, to cut down the page count.

Personally I much prefer the .pdo format as the 3D view shows the construction without having to produce detailed instructions.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Hmmm? I've downloaded it, but with 16 pages I doubt it will get built until well into the New Year. Might I suggest some parts rearrangement, to cut down the page count.

Personally I much prefer the .pdo format as the 3D view shows the construction without having to produce detailed instructions.
Hi JohnM, it has that much pages since the design is a "life-sized" sword which is about 100cm long when assembled. But yeahh..parts rearrangement is likely needed. Although actually it doesn't contain so much parts, but the parts are pretty big to be placed together. I'll try and I personally agreed to your judgement on the .pdo format.
Google Adsense
Old 12-16-2015, 05:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 78.96 MB
Hi

Did a very quick rearrangement and managed to get the pages down to 8
Attached Files
File Type: pdo Zekken sword beta1.pdo (123.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 12-17-2015, 04:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Nicely done Tilly. I could work with that OK, but many lesser skilled builders would be frightened off by the three page spread of the main parts. When printed out to A4 (or Letter size) sheets, these parts will be split and require re-joining, so it would be better that they were suitably cut and tabbed within the design. OK within the Freebie scene, but these things matter a lot if the designer is hoping to go on to selling their designs.

I hasten to add that I speak as a keen builder not a designer. I have only dabbled in that direction, not even progressing far enough to have really explored Pep Designer, but I have great respect for those willing to cross the line, and will always try to help and encourage them.

Tags
sword, test, beta, online, art, finished, highly, material, design, fine, quiet, simple, proper, interested, p/s, error, grammatical, 20/12, rush, complete, great, work, 100cm, long, anime