PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Beta Builders needed!

Old 11-13-2016, 11:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.97 MB
Hi John,

I'm not seeing that issue on my end. Actually, I don't recall reducing parts f.01 through f.03 (the glue strips) only the round formers since that was where I was having problems. Former f.04 fit quite snuggly for me when using the reduced sizes. Is it possible your printer was not set to 100%? Do the scale marks measure at 1cm and .5in correctly?

My WIP build is printed directly from Inkscape so I printed out a page from the pdf to compare to the Inkscape print out and I'm not seeing any size difference there, either. You've got me puzzled.

I just uploaded the latest version where I reduced the triangular keel parts (fk.01 - fk.03) a bit more because they would not fit through the formers. On the second page of the instructions there should be a version number (v.2016####). The latest is v.20161113. The changes that have been made since the initial upload are that the scale marks have been redesigned, parts f.04 - f.24 have been reduced in size by 2% and parts fk.01 -fk.03 have been reduced by ~ 5%, in addition fk.01 and fk.03 have had cut-outs added to help the flaps fit into fk.02 better.

--jeff
Old 11-13-2016, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
Jeff,

If you are not seeing the problem, then it has to be on my end. I am going to print the whole package again, using your latest upload. I will then check all pages to make sure that they line up (I thought that I did the last time, but maybe I missed something). I have never had a problem before, but Murphy's law says the if anything can possibly go wrong, it will!

John
Old 11-13-2016, 03:42 PM

Jeff,

Forgot to ask: was this set up for A3 or A4 printout?
Old 11-13-2016, 04:57 PM

Jeff,

I think that I found the problem (Murphy's law is alive and well). My printer was set to "Fit to Page". I don't remember ever selecting that; it must have been a WWII retired Gremlin.

John
Old 11-15-2016, 06:51 AM

Hi John,

You may want to wait to reprint if you've not already done it. Yesterday I woke up with the feeling that uploaded an incorrect page with the last of the round formers on it. Due to that pesky day job I didn't have an opportunity to verify. I'll do that today.

Re A3 or A4: Neither, actually. Being in the US I designed for Letter (8.5x11in). But the printable area is set to 7x10in so it should fit A4. I suspect your printer probably defaults to something other than Letter so it automatically gave you the 'fit to page' option in order to fit the printer default page size.

Yeah... Murphy and his law are my boon companions!

--jeff
Google Adsense
Old 11-15-2016, 06:54 AM

Doh!

I see you're in Annapolis. We're near neighbors. I'm in Silver Spring. I assumed since you asked A3/A4 that you were outside the US.

--jeff
Old 11-15-2016, 09:10 AM

False alarm on my part regarding uploading some wrong pages. The download is current.

--jeff
Old 11-15-2016, 03:07 PM

Roger that. I am in the process of building the forward section again.

John