PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Beta Builders needed!

Old 06-29-2019, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Beta builders for new WACo EQC-6

I finally have the first draft of the WACo EQC-6 derived from the DGA MH-1521 Broussard. I'm now inviting test builders to PM me their email addresses so I can send the alpha model, hopefully there's at least 1 volunteer.

I foresee fit problems between the new windscreen, fuselage and cowl, then the upper and lower wings with the associated struts. I'm sure adjustments are needed, so I've used my experience with Tim Crowe's Reliant test build to preempt early design mistakes.

Again this is going to be a very rare and unusual subject, a 1930s Philippine EQC-6 flown by PATCO in silver with red trim. I found 2 monochrome photos of the actual NPC-1 (NP-1 in photo) so my only guesswork was the trim color. Additional recolors are in the pipeline, same as the Reliant.

The model is 1:72 and is designed with the absolute minimum deviation from the base DGA Xmas Broussard fuselage, so if you built that you should be able to handle this. Previous experience is key here as there are no instructions.

PM me your email address so I can send the PDF file. What I'd really like feedback on is how the new windscreen fits and how the fuselage graphics align, but any comments on parts and construction will be useful. This is intended to be a free model for our Downloads section, but I'd like it polished before general release.
Google Adsense
Old 07-07-2019, 03:58 AM

If this piques your interest, please check out the sneak peek photos on the Stinson SR-3 beta build thread to get an idea what the alpha WACO looks like.

This should be a faster build than the Stinson as I've applied what I've learned from test builder Tim's feedback. As for deciding on recolors, I'll rank you above 'any color as long as it's black'.

Last edited by lfuente; 07-07-2019 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Im interest and interest test Stinson in 1/100
Old 07-07-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
Im interest and interest test Stinson in 1/100
I am very pleased to welcome Pericles as a test builder for the WACO, we've all seen his work and I'm sure he'll do a great job.

This has gotten the go-ahead from DGA, where Guido van Roy is a member and whose Xmas MH1521 Broussard is the basis for the fuselage and cowl.

Edit: Oops, I misread Pericles' message about the Stinson. I've asked him if he is willing to do the WACO testbuild, so this is on hold until I hear back.

Last edited by lfuente; 07-07-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:29 PM

This has been sorted out, Pericles is doing the WACO test build! He's already made a start and sent photos, but needs to take a break to move house.

I would really like to thank Pericles and Tim for doing test builds for my kitbashes, I'm really lucky to get input from 2 very experienced builders, so the final models will be all the better for their advice.
Google Adsense
Old 07-22-2019, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
My pleasure.

Today I restart my workbench job after a long two weeks (one week to move, one week to rebuild house) the move process have some surprises and failures, one is a move company send my things for wrong location...

Old 08-14-2019, 10:17 AM

For WACo EQC-6 upload news, please check Pericles' build thread or my recolors thread. Just waiting for moderator approval.