PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Blackronin paper steam projects and games

Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
gorgeous! glad anna decided to come into the public eye
Chris
Old 02-26-2010, 03:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The Dwarven Free People's Reppublic Monitor

One more of Roman's exquisite models. The Monitor.

If something is wrong here is my fast and dirty building. After I finish the game, I'll build them all over again with meticulous care.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dwarves Free Republic Monitor 1.jpg (31.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarves Free Republic Monitor 2.jpg (22.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarves Free Republic Monitor 3.jpg (35.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarves Free Republic Monitor 4.jpg (18.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarves Free Republic Monitor 5.jpg (36.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 02-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 11.23 MB
Hello!
I`m not a player, but this monitor I like.

Best regards.
Krzychu74
Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzychu74 View Post
Hello!
I`m not a player, but this monitor I like.

Best regards.
Krzychu74
You haven't seen all the Free Dwarf Ships that Roman made. If you look into my drawings, the ships have all the "soul" I imagined.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dwarf free rep ships.jpg (45.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-28-2010, 04:20 PM

The World of Senniastrill

Come on, lad. Don’t you worry, the captain only threatens to kill those he likes. The others he dumps them in the next port we visit. My name is Legs, not my real name, you mind, but ya can call me Legs. Everybody else does… So ya feel lost and lonely, do ya? Well, that’s the reason I’m the first mate. I’ll explain you everything. Don’t open so much your eyes boy, I’m the first mate, not a troll who’s gonna eat ya…
I might as well start by the beginning don’t I? Well, the Unnamed made the stars and the world and the lands and the seas that are bigger than the lands, do ya understand? He said one word and that word was Senniastrill for that is the true name of the world and then he fell silent and said no more. The other Gods, the smaller ones, then they start playing with the world and made the creatures in it. And some time later they made the creatures that can think and use magic. Us. The First Elves say that they were the first, but others say different and I reckon that the Dwarfs and the Orcs might have come first. But what do I know, right?! Well, us the men, we were the last. Everybody says so… So there is no reason not to believe in this. Some men are ashamed of being the last to be created, well, I say that we are the best because perfection was needed and it wasn’t achieved before… But I’m straying, boy. I stray a lot, so remind me of what I was saying when I start to mumble, right? Ah yes. Senniastrill, our world, is made of two great continents and a lot of islands, boy! I’ve been to a great many of them in my life and I haven’t seen a tenth of it all. Been a Merchant sailor all my life and I met many a men who travelled at least as much as I have and they still tell me of islands I didn’t knew nothing of it before.
You are from Salidar, right? The biggest land we know of, where man made their biggest Empire together with the First Elves and the Dwarves. But there are others, boy, which I will speak of later… So let’s make a tour in our ship for you to get all cozy with her. First of all you have to know about the wind… The wind isn’t everything, but without it, or with it against us, we’re nothing, ya hear me?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Senniastrill map 1.jpg (63.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Senniastrill map 2.jpg (49.3 KB, 10 views)
Google Adsense
Old 02-28-2010, 04:45 PM

The Dwarven Free People's Republic Gunboat

This is the smallest Dwarven Free People's Republic ship. The Gunboat.

Modeled by the incomparable Roman.

In the last photo, a Dwarven Patrol finds a Pirate ship and rakes it.

The Pirate Frigate is a ship modeled by the fantastic Rolland.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples Gunboat 1.jpg (30.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples Gunboat 2.jpg (33.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples Gunboat 3.jpg (29.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples ships.jpg (31.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples rake a pirate.jpg (25.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 03-02-2010, 04:07 PM

The Dukes of the Marshes and the Pirate Kingdom

"The wise man knows more than the four cardinal points; the fool says that directions don't matter."

Duke Kinlin was known to be a man above his time. Being the very young ruling Duke of the Marshes when the worst of pirating was taking a tool on Senniastrill and being in a position that would weaken the commerce of the Marshes with the Sky People, the Duke gathered a vast armada to attack Pirate’s Cove. Young and brave at the time, the Duke commanded himself the fleet that sailed towards the big island that was well known to be the main pirate’s hiding place.

The island was a tropical nightmare filled with dense jungles and caverns, where the pirates were able to hide galleons and other ships so well that nobody could attack them when in port. Along with the Duke’s fleet, a small contingent of Sky Ships from the Gnome Sky people Nation was ready to finish the pirates menace for good. After several weeks of travel, Pirate’s Cove’s peaks appeared before the fleet. The Duke sailed directly against the only known city of the island – Camorron Pearl – to seize it and destroy it if necessary. But to his great surprise, dozens of pirate ships waited for them. His force was bigger in number, but the Duke knew that the pirates were better sailors and fighters than his men, for that was all they done – fighting. The two fleets maintained distance running along the coast as if neither wanted the bloodshed. Then a small schooner with a white flag of truce moved from the pirate fleet towards the Duke fleet.

When she stepped on his deck, the Duke knew that she had the grace of royalty, although her clothes were of a rich sailor. “I am Sharrayn, the oldest daughter of the pirate King”, she said introducing herself in the common speech of man. Darull, his Gnome adviser said quickly in the high language of the First Elves that they should take her as hostage. Before the Duke was able to reply, Sharrayn replied also in the high language. “My father has two other daughters and before he let me sail here, he told me that he could do nothing if you took me prisoner, so I should kill as many as I could before falling prey to your hands.” The Duke smiled and replied also in the high language: “The Wind Master Darull was joking. He knows that I would never betray a truce given freely. My lady, I came here to fight murdering pirates, not a rightful Kingdom. Could you please tell your father, the King, that I would consider an honor to speak with him?” She smiled back at him and he considered her full mouth, her dark curly hair and her brown eyes. Her movements were of a dancer, but he suspected that she was a warrior of some quality. “I will.” And she shouted like a bird and from her ship a flag was raised. After waiting some minutes, a galleon parted from the pirate’s fleet and the Duke sighed. A long round of conversations would now begin. For the better, he thought.

The winds were in their side in the voyage back. The Wind Master Darull approach them. Sharrayn excused herself and went further stern on his galleon. “Duke Kinlin, I will part now from your fleet with my detachment of Sky Ships.” The Duke touch Darull’s hands in the way the gnomes used to do it. “I appreciate your help”, he said warmly, “tell your Queen, that our alliance stands stronger today.” Darull bowed a little. “I will, my Duke. I have, however, one question of mine to ask you if you let me.” The Duke smiled. “Please,do”, he offered. “My Duke, with the entire pirate’s fleet gathered there we could have freed the seas from piracy for long. We were more and you had our sky ships to help you. Instead you chose to make a not very advantageous deal to us. Even your engagement with the Pirate’s King daughter... You could have married someone from the Sunnish Empire… I even think that they will not be happy with this when they learn about it. Can you explain me why?” The Duke looked the ocean for a bit. “There will always be pirates. Working free, killing, murdering, creating chaos and havoc. Having a Pirate’s King as an ally will make thing better for us. He will not let his pirates attack us and the free pirates will be more careful when attacking our ships and we can even bargain easily when ransom is asked from us. And very soon, to become a real Kingdom, the Pirate King will have to start real commerce and diminish his piracy. But they will still have the knowhow and we will profit with it. Even if others don’t… As for marrying a princess from the Sunnish Empire, we seceded from them with hard work and bloodshed to be caught up again by them?! And my marriage was not a political maneuver. I found my match…” The Gnome was ashamed. “Oh…”, he said. The Duke called Sharrayn. “My Lady”, he said when she approached, “our good Sky Master is leaving us.” She extended her hand and the Sky Master kissed her hand with a smile. When he left, she stood so close to the Duke that he could feel her leg against his. “I have the ears of a sea eagle”, she whispered. He laughed. “And did you liked what you listened?” And she kissed him deeply… like the daughter of a pirate that she was…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Counts of the marches.jpg (48.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Red lady.jpg (64.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 03-02-2010, 04:09 PM

The Pirates Schooner from Roland

One more ship.
A Pirate schooner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pirate Schooner.jpg (41.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Pirate Schooner 2.jpg (22.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Pirate Schooner 3.jpg (21.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Pirate ships 6.jpg (39.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Pirate ships 7.jpg (41.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-04-2010, 08:16 AM

A Pirate Corvette - Roland's Work

The last of the Pirate ships!
Size 2 Corvette.
Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pirate Corvette 1.jpg (30.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Pirate Corvette 2.jpg (32.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Pirate Corvette 3.jpg (16.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Pirate ships 8.jpg (34.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Pirate ships 9.jpg (49.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-05-2010, 12:35 PM

The Battle of Endersil - Part 1

"Everything you´ve ever done was the training for the next thing."

Old Senniastrill Saying

Duke Kinlin climbed the foremast to see the Imperial Fleet. The huge and powerful Imperial Guardians sailed easily and with grace for such big ships. Too many of those, he thought. At the edge of the Fleet, a smaller contingent of First Elves ships was guarding the Sunnish Empire ships. That would be a problem. Not only were those ships very fast, as they probably had a First Elf Warlock with them. Duke Kinlin sighted. The plans were drawn and set to sea; all he had to do was trying to take them to good port. Grabbing a rope with ease he trained his spyglass to the other side of the adversary fleet. There. As he had thought. A smaller fleet with faster Imperial ships. To protect, lock and pursuit. That was the focal point of his strategy. He climbed down the mast and as he reached the deck he gave his orders. The signalers climb up to relay his orders and his young magicians concentrated to send mental messages to the others, hidden away.

“Yes my Duke”, he said stiffly as he entered the Duke’s chambers, “you called me?” The old man raised softly his hand. “Call me father, son, there is no need for protocol here.” Duke Kinlin half closed his eyes. His father was in a strange mood. “Sit”, his father offered, “let me share with you a few things.” He sat without taking his eyes from his father. “I am going to leave now to discuss a few things with the Emperor. He wants a lot from us and we have not the power to flatly refuse. I will refuse a lot and try to give less, but we are in a difficult position. Maybe the most dangerous one since we declared that we were leaving the Empire. For these past two centuries we have been playing cat and mouse with the Empire, trying to avoid open battle and paying them a tax to stay free. But now, as our merchants are growing stronger and our ships sails the seas, the Empire is starting to understand that soon we’ll grow strong enough to deal with the Empire as equals. I hope that this will happen when you are the Duke.” Duke Kinlin smiled. “There is no assurance that I will be the Duke, my father. The council can appoint another as the ruling Duke.” His father laughed dryly. “Rest assured. You will be the Duke, son. You have the skills and the train and I’ll make it happen.” Again, Duke Kinlin felt something wrong in his father’s voice, but couldn’t quite put it into the light. “They will try to do two things, son. Marry you into submission with the Princess and asphyxiate our commerce. Don’t accept the former. Don’t allow the later.” Duke Kinlin nodded. “Yes, father.” The old Duke smiled. “You are strong, brave and wise, my son. I know you will do it. Now go. I’m tired and my ship sails first in the morning. The boy raised and bowed. He looked deeply his father’s eyes and then left. The old Duke kept looking the door his son closed on his way out. He wished he had embraced his son. But such display of affection at this moment would confirm his son’s suspicions that something was wrong.

His fleet made a pass firing broadsides against the Imperial Fleet. They were still far from each other and damage was negligible for both sides. But his Warmages were already straining against the attacks of the enemy wizards. And he was sure that the Empire had brought more wizards than those he had. He hoped they could handle the strain long enough for the plan to unfold. Much depended on them. He just hoped that there were no First Elves High Warlocks. He signaled the turn, and as one some minutes later, all his fleet turned, north, against the wind. A stupid maneuver that he hoped the enemy would take advantage of. The minutes passed slowly as the Imperial fleet adjusted their movement to his maneuver and then, the smaller Imperial fleet raised full sails to cut their path and rake his fleet from the bow. They took distance enough from the bigger Imperial fleet. Duke Kinlin smiled relieved. He looked to the clouds and further north. Having nothing to do was the hardest part.

His father was dead. His father was dead. He kept silent, trembling like a young tree submitted to a strong wind. He had been murdered in the Imperial Court. The Council waited for his answer. It took him some minutes, then he turn to them. “I accept. I will be the ruling Duke.” They smiled sadly. As my father predicted, he thought. “But I will go now to retrieve my father’s body.” One of the oldest Councilmen replied worried. “That’s dangerous, sire. Although the Emperor swears he never ordered such thing, it’s like walking unarmed to the lion’s den.” The new Duke nodded. “That may be true, but if it was war the Emperor wanted, his fleet would be here already. And what kind of son and Duke I would be if I didn’t go there to bring back my father’s body, Councilmen?” He had raised his voice in the end and that had created some effect. They nodded. The same Councilman spoke again. “May the winds be on your side, my Duke.” Then they retired with a bow.

The smallest Imperial fleet was far enough away from the other. Once again his fleet turned. Northeast. And then, at the same time, a Pirate fleet commanded by his wife and a Gnome Airfleet fell over the smallest Imperial contingent. They tried to run, but could not, then they fought, and bravely, but caught by surprise and within two stronger fleets they were destroyed very quickly. The biggest fleet wheeled to help them, but the Duke pressed on, now with a great advantage on his side, pushing the bigger fleet away from the fray, scared to be caught between two enemy fleets. The smaller Imperial fleet was no more. Through the spyglass, the Duke counted only three of his allied ships destroyed. That even surpassed his most optimistic expectations.

The funeral was over. His mother cried a little more. Duke Kinlin was on his father’s working chambers. No. On His working chambers from now on. His thoughts run wild. The Emperor wasn’t lying. The dead of a sovereign in his court was something shameful for him. Leverage. His father’s death was leverage he could use. He needed to know one more thing. His father’s steward entered the room. He was an old man. Duke Kinlin had always loved him. He had seen his father grow and then he had seen him grow, almost like a father or a grandfather. “My Duke”, he said, “what can I do for you?” He looked the old man eyes and he saw pain in there. It made the thing he had to do more difficult. “Master Liam, my father wasn’t killed by the Emperor”, he pointed to a glass of water, “I think that the man that killed my father done it by his own orders. It must have been a very loyal man. In that glass there is poison. I would advise the man that killed my father to drink that water. What do you think, Master Liam?” The old man looked surprised only for a moment. Then he nodded. He took the glass of water and drank it quickly. The Duke smiled sadly. “That was only water, Master Liam, no poison. I do not blame the tool for the work that was done. The tool has no guilt.” A tear fell from the old man’s face. “I tried to talk him back, my liege, but to no avail. He told me that you needed that advantage to succeed.” The Duke rose from his chair. “My father was foolish, Master Liam. No man needs a dead father to succeed. A man needs a living father to love. You may leave now, Master Liam. I believe in your loyalty, but not in your senses anymore. You should have told me.” He looked through the window. He heard the old man leaving. And then he cried.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg empire of man ships.jpg (57.3 KB, 21 views)
Google Adsense