PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Blackronin paper steam projects and games

Old 03-05-2010, 12:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The Battle of Endersil - part 2

The Imperial Fleet that was blockading the Dukes of the Marshes Endersil Island was waiting. His fleets were surrounding it closely. His ship met the Imperial Admiral ship at the middle. Waiting for him were the Prince and the Princess, the sons of the Emperor. He entered the Imperial ship with only two of his honor guard. The Princes waited on the deck, where a long table was laid as he had instructed. They greeted each other as their stations demanded. The Prince with a mocking smile on his face. The princess smiled. “Congratulations on your weeding, Duke Kinlin.” He smiled back. “Thank you, your highness. I was blessed to find my match”, he replied, but he knew that she had expected, even anticipated, to marry him. “I do not want a war”, he said, “but if it is a war that the Empire wants, I can tell you that even if you win, it will cost you dearly.” The Prince raised his voice. “You are a traitor and a rebel, so lower your tone when you speak with royalty.” Duke Kinlin smiled. “Be careful, my Prince, your throat is at the hands of this rebel.” The Princess made her brother sit. “Hush, my brother, let us listen to the Duke’s words.” The Duke looked at her with other eyes. He sensed that she was wise and that she reached far. “When the Dukes retired from the Empire was to be away from the influence of the First Elves. We do not hate or dislike the people from the Empire. I myself have family that I love and is loyal to the Empire. We want recognition and freedom. Given that we will be allies to our cousins. But our lands are ours and our trade routes should not be attacked. eGive us that promise and we will let you leave unarmed.” The Prince stood. “Never! You are part of the Empire and soon you will return to the Empire embrace.” The Duke rose to leave. The Princess rose with him. “Cousin”, she said, “would you invite me to dinner, so that I can meet you wife?” He nodded. “Yes, my Princess. I would love to.” She turned to her brother. “I’ll dine with our cousin. That the ceasefire be kept until I return.” They left the Imperial ship together. The Prince’s face was red.

The Imperial fleet put full sails and left. Sharrayn looked him in his eyes. “That was the Princess that you were to marry to?” He laughed. “Yes. I guess it was.” She looked again to the parting fleet. “She would have been a good wife to you. I think that you even might become Emperor with that one by your side.” He looked her deeply. I don’t want to be Emperor.” “No?” “I only want to be Emperor of your heart.” She smiled back and touched in nose with her finger. “You are.” The fleet wheeled back to Yhvayah, the capital of the Dukedom. The Empire had made promises. Time would tell if he had acted well.

Two hooded figures throw a body overboard from the Admiral Ship of the Imperial fleet. A third hooded figure watched. By her movement one would immediately know that she was a woman. She watched the body dive into the ocean. She looked around to see if someone was watching. Then she ordered the two men to leave. They were quickly to disappear. She took the hood from her head. “Dear brother”, she said with tears in her eyes, “how I wished that you would grow wiser. All this time I wished that more than anything.” Then she moved inside.

The old Duke entered the chambers that the Emperor chose for him. They were fit for his position. He had been talking to the Princess. So wise. So bright. So much like a shining star. He almost wished his son to marry her. He was heartbroken that things could not end that way. A door opened. His steward entered. “My Duke, I…” He raised his hand. “Don’t say a word, my friend. At this moment I’m not your Duke, Master Liam, I’m a friend asking you a terrible sacrifice. You were a friend to me all these years. A father. A confessor. Don’t say a word. Embrace me like you used to do when I was a child full of fears.” The Duke opened his arms. The old man ran to him and they embraced strongly. They stayed like that for several minutes. Then the Duke felled softly to the ground, a dagger stabbed in his back. He looked the old man in the eyes. “Thank you, my friend”, he said.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dukes of the marches.jpg (48.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-08-2010, 04:11 PM

The Third and Bigger Ship - The Dreadnought

With 11 cm from stern to Bow - the mighty Dwarven Free People's Republic Dreadnought.
It's another fantastic model from Roman.
Enjoy.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:21 PM

The fourth and last ship from the Free People's - The Ironclad

This is the size 3 ship from the Dwarven Free People's Republic.

Another of Roman's beautiful work.

Some photos of all the ships together.

Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples Ironclad 1.jpg (30.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples Ironclad 2.jpg (20.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples Ironclad 3.jpg (30.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples Ironclad 4.jpg (26.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples Fleet.jpg (24.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples Fleet 2.jpg (24.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Dwarven Free Peoples Fleet 3.jpg (31.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 01-20-2011, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
The five different 'races', or 'peoples' couldn't be more different. Fantastic work. The story line is interesting, I'll enjoy seeing where it's going.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 PM

Love what I have seen.
Any update Blackronin?
Looks like it has been a long while since you updated.
Any release plans?
Great work so far.
Google Adsense