PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Bookshelf

Old 12-07-2018, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Try this link from the Internet Archive sponsored by the Getty Research Institute. All the plates are there. Scroll down for available download formats (or download them all) The SINGLE PAGE PROCESSED JP2 ZIP gives you nice JP2 images of the plates and other illustrations.
https://archive.org/details/papyropl...00blas/page/n5

Thank you for posting this.I downloaded both the PDF and zipped JP2 files, am going to convert the image files to jpg or png.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 30.31 MB
Papyroplastics

I own a copy of the book. Bought it 20 years ago. It's a gem, however I have never scanned it due to the fragile nature of the spine. It's a wonderful treatise and it was written as a antidote to the "pernicious pastime of reading fiction" that had taken hold of the youth of the 1820s. Its preface says "from the German" but that appears to have been more for marketing purposes that as a statement of fact. A follow-up was written a few years later and it concerns itself with paper modeling architecture. I own that, too, but don't suggest it.