PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Cami's Projects

Old 01-07-2016, 12:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
The bus sounds cool, and the Tucker is always a favorite. I hope you get to finish the Buicks as well. Have you ever thought designing a Futurliner?
Old 01-07-2016, 01:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
I designed a 1/43 Futurliner in 2011 for grandpa's birthday, but I had to make it quick and it never got a rolling chassis. I expect to borrow the GMC bus chassis design to make one for the futurliner. I remember that there were also a few minor adjustments to do to the body.

Cami
Old 01-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Is There A Model of this Truck?

A question about modeling trucks if I may be allowed to interject. Does anyone know if anyone has made this model? I was told it is a Match Box model that Mauther used as a prop. Does this truck exist in paper? I didn't mean to side step this thread. Just asking a question. wc
Attached Thumbnails
1953 Buick-8c10c371d6043bbc551985ad6ce63237.jpg  
Old 01-07-2016, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Sure looks like a Hotwheels or Matchbox metal cast truck to me Waddy ... with a classic Mauther Paper building of course. There are the odd few paper pickups around, but I've not seen that one. It's a bit on the curvaceous side for a paper one, but if anyone can do it, I'd place my bets on a lass named Camille. This one is a bit earlier but might fit the bill for ya.

Right, where were we? Oh yeah, about Granddad gettin' on a bit and taking priority like ... I ain't gettin' any younger either Cami, and some time back now there was some mention that a step-down Hudson was on the 'To Do' list.

No rush like, just a wee nudge.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:14 PM

Found it for ya Waddy ... Chevrolet Trucks on the right, four down. Some cool trucks on this list, but I don't think they are on sale.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Man! I had to bookmark that site for later exploration. There are enough trucks. and vans, and cars to keep "someone", or anyone for that matter, designing for a lifetime. There are even a couple of concept vehicles for Michael (Dazzo).
Old 01-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Yep, the Hot Wheels ‘52 Chevy Truck-White will do the trick. Now if only there were a paper one of the same or just about any on that page. Great find John. Much thanks. Beautiful trucks. wc
Old 01-11-2016, 06:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Quote:
some time back now there was some mention that a step-down Hudson was on the 'To Do' list.
The step-down Hudson has been on my mind for years now John, but at this point I prefer to focus on some unfinished models rather than to start another project that might end up on the shelf somewhere in the middle of the design process.

Here are just a few of these unfinished models;

-1/24 Circa 1940 coupe (planned with an interior)-needs to be finished
-1/24 1951 General Motors LeSabre dream car (300 hours to create blueprints from pictures only and about 100 modeling it... and no satisfying result!)- needs to be revisited
-1/24 Streamlined tanker truck (in photoshop waiting for colors)- needs to be finished
-1/32 Simple 1942 Ford staff car (I failed to make it as simple as anticipated)- needs to be revisited
-1/43 Current Sprint Cup car - needs to be finished
-1/43 Tucker (body is in photoshop for colors, rolling chassis has to be test build)- needs to be finished
-1/43 1955-56 Ford/Meteor (still building prototypes)- needs to be finished
-1/43 1953 Buick and Cadillac - needs to be revisited
-1/43 1953-55 Ford/Mercury panel truck (still at prototype stage)
-1959 Ford (body is in photoshop for colors, rolling chassis has to be test build)- needs to be finished
-1/43 1968-70 B-Body Mopars (still at prototype stage)
-1/43 Futurliner (needs a rolling chassis, body adjustements and photoshop treatment)- needs to be revisited
-1/43 1911 Marmon Wasp (no prototype yet)- needs to be finished
-1/43 1934 Chrysler Airflow (no protoype yet)- needs to be finished
-1/64 Class 8 truck line (at very early design stage)
-1/64 Prevost Motorhome (done for grandpa a few years ago)- needs to be revisited

I hope this help you to understand why the Hudson (altough is an appealing project) is not part of my 2016 plans. Still, I must thank you all for the interest showed in my projects.

Cami
Old 01-11-2016, 06:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looking forward to the 1942 Ford staff car. 1/24 would be nice.

Don
Old 01-11-2016, 07:20 PM

Nah, sorry Cami, but there just ain't anything on that list that twangs my heart strings more'n this ol' darlin'. Memories of that big ol' back seat are still pretty strong too. No this wasn't my one, but barring the reg plate it's identical. Those were the days,eh? ... Then they cut my hair and gave me a gun.