PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Cami's Projects

Old 02-10-2012, 11:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Seeing the 39 Duesenberg Simone reminded me of the tricked out 1935 Mercedes 500K.
...Which in turn call to mind the Talbot Lago teardrop coupe mentioned earlier, along with the various equally teardrop Delahaye, Delage, and Bugatti Atlantique "cousins".

Having seen some of these in the metal, one can only admire the artisanry which produced such wonders of flowing sculpture in metal, much of which was formed by hand. Extreme examples go as far as various Saoutchik coupes (some of) which styling survived into the early 1950's and, I would suggest, had influence upon such designers as Harley Earle, and even earlier, Gordon Buehrig.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:36 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Love the drawing, Cami. The rear end is awesome. The front end should present some new challenges. I always thought that the shield shaped '34 ford grill was beautiful. I wonder if it could be worked into the front in a modified way - angled more, swoopier on the bottom. You know what I'm talkiing about.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Cami, it sounds like they are trying to talk you into a series of these. If you do more than one, I hope at least one has the exhaust pipes exiting the side of the hood, and at least one has the spares mounted in the front fenders, like in Inky's pics
Old 02-11-2012, 03:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Here are some new sketches guys! Pretty much what I had in mind yesterday. Two-tone color combination, V-type raked windshield, Cord inspired grille and hidden headlights, exhaust pipes, fender mounted spare tires, steel wheels, whitewalls and period correct... and on top of this, I truly believe that it could be turned into a speedster with a rumble seat (a small one maybe, but it is for the stepmother so...). Of course, proportions are off a little, but you will be able to figure the concept. Are we getting closer?

Cami
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Style Car-vintage-project-sketch-3-colored-.jpg   Vintage Style Car-vintage-project-sketch-4-colored-.jpg  
Old 02-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Definitely 'Ooo, Ahhh'
Google Adsense
Old 02-11-2012, 04:09 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Great design, Cami! Very reminiscent of the swoopy, flowing custom coachwork of the period. I love the front bumper - brings a little of the bullet nose Studebaker flavor into the Cord mix. The exhaust ports are great. Shows a fighter plane influence. I love it.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Cami, Your sketches are truly works of art. Seriously, you should sign, date and sell them.
What tools are you using to create them?

Curt
Old 02-11-2012, 04:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
I am glad you like it guys and thanks for your comments! Plan B is on the picture bellow... ha ha!

Quote:
Cami, Your sketches are truly works of art. Seriously, you should sign, date and sell them.
What tools are you using to create them?
My hands Curt. Just like back then, I make a quick sketch of about 3" x 2" in a few minutes, scan it at high resolution, send to Photoshop and color (that is the modern days part). The whole process may take about 1/2 hour and it is so fun!

I appreciate.

Cami
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Style Car-douglas-dc-3-van.jpg  
Old 02-11-2012, 05:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Like the direction of your drawings.

As a correction on my production number for the Scarab it was 9. Originally had that then changed it to 6 for some reason (maybe was thinking of Bugatti Royale).
Old 02-11-2012, 05:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Cami, your sketch of the front end of the Cami Streamline Coupe is very apt, and most certainly stylish.
I admire your artistic skills.
The depiction is very much aligned with the thoughts expressed to you.
The side profile views and other 3/4 views will be equally rewarding, of that I have no doubt.

Well Done!!

As for the vehicle in the photograph, I find viewing vehicularised fuselages to be a tearing experience, in a way. On the one hand, an aircraft (usually rare or of rapidly diminishing numbers in existence) is now "dead", whilst on the other, a portion of that same aircraft remains as a relic of the beauty it once was. Thus, viewing such a vehicle produces mixed emotions. I will admit though: the vehicularised DC3 fuselage in the photograph is one of the less cruel examples I have seen.

Kind and Respectful Regards Cami, Uyraell.
Google Adsense