PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Cami's Projects

Old 12-23-2012, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
What's the availability of the "Inspirational" model you show in post #64 Cami? It's a bit too rough round the edges to be one of your's methinks, but it has potential for a clean up.

Johnny.
(Still patiently awaiting the step down Hudsons)

Last edited by JohnM; 12-23-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
What's the availability of the "Inspirational" model you show in post #64 Cami? It's a bit too rough round the edges to be one of your's methinks, but it has potential for a clean up.

Johnny.
(Still patiently awaiting the step down Hudsons)
Johnny, by less ambitious I meant no interior, no engine like the french Ellen car. I could not get satisfied with the fender mount spare tire (it was breaking the ine of the car) so I built the fender all around it just like on the 1933 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow dream car. Otherwise, it is pretty close to the original concept. All it needs now is a dream car name, something like a fighter's name maybe. Here are the first shots of the prototype just in time for the new year. Happy new year guys!!!!

Cami
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Style Car-img_02201.jpg   Vintage Style Car-img_02241.jpg   Vintage Style Car-img_02281.jpg   Vintage Style Car-img_02381.jpg  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Now that is a real touch of class ... Art Nouveau no less ... and the white really suits it. Perhaps some gold trim instead of chrome, or is that too gouche? .

A suitable name ??? "Camilla" sorta suits it ... Whadda ya think boys?

Happy New Year y'all.

Johnny. XXX
Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
Tornado, Thunderbolt (Chrysler), Lightning, Spitfire (Triumph), Mustang (Ford), Hellcat, Wildcat (Buick), Tigercat, Warhawk, Hurricane, Tomcat, Hornet (Hudson/AMC).
Old 01-01-2013, 03:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
Johnny, by less ambitious I meant no interior, no engine like the french Ellen car. I could not get satisfied with the fender mount spare tire (it was breaking the ine of the car) so I built the fender all around it just like on the 1933 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow dream car. Otherwise, it is pretty close to the original concept. All it needs now is a dream car name, something like a fighter's name maybe. Here are the first shots of the prototype just in time for the new year. Happy new year guys!!!!

Cami
Outstanding! I want one!
If this is (late?) 30's concept, names like Westchester, Fleetwood & Imperial spring to mind. There was a lot of generic labeling IIRC. 6, 8, Sedan, Roadster etc.
Something like the Morin Super Waldorf or Biarritz could fit.
Depends on whether it's marketed to the type of customer who could be buying something like a Cord I guess. Names that fit your price & clientèle

Happy New Year everyone.
Google Adsense
Old 01-01-2013, 05:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.36 MB
It looks somewhat like the Buick Y-job or the Lesabre concept cars that Harley Earl designed (and drove).
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
It does have a lot of the Buick look with somewhat of a Chrysler-DeSoto front end to it. Pretty cool. The overhead shot is especially nice.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Thanks guys, still have not decided for a name, but your suggestions will certainly help.

Whulsey, the overhead shot also is my favorite. The side trim definitely has something of Buick. I wanted to create the effect of flowing lines and it gives some length to the car's profile. Plus, the car is intended to be two-tone. Next prototype will be. I have to add some body formers and make some adjustments to the top.

Cami