PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Cami's Projects

Old 04-02-2012, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I was hoping you ere at least going to release one free, but money is money. It seems the days of free new models are fast coming over. I would seriously consider doing interiors, unless you are selling these one sheet wonders for just a couple of dollars, like $2.00 or $3.00. You would get and could rightly demand much more if they had interiors, real bumpers, a proper model. Something along these lines (this model is free though):

:

All available here, with some more beauties, all free:

. ペーパークラフト 高橋エコラン実験室-資料
Do not get desperate about free models, I am sure there will always be. I am already planning a Holiday car (from Santa's personal car collection) that will be available for free, but this is a secret project. I expect to have my own official web site in a few weeks and have many ideas for eventual free "kind-of" promotional stuff.

I am not making interiors for these 1/43 cars because it is a pretty small scale and I want to keep them accessible to most modelers, from the beginners to the expert who just want to make a complete project in one afternoon.

This is the concept: models as simple as possible that look as realistic as possible, fit one page and can be build by anyone in just a few hours. I am trying to merge many concepts that do not usually fit together when we talk about papercraft, but I am pretty satisfied about what I have achieved so far.

If I would make 1/24 scale models, then interiors would be a must, just like rolling wheels and many more details and that is something I would do this for more tricky subjects like thirties real classic cars, but my plans for 2012 are about these 1/43 cars. The idea of 1/24 thirties classic sounds appealing to me though.

Making more or less money is not a concern, that is all about what I like to do and what I am willing to share. Asking a few dollars for a kit is a very personal decision and a way to cover the expenses and time invested. I have never heard about anyone who became rich selling his papermodel designs, but I sware that if I become the first millionaire of papercraft, i will design the biggest model in the world and release it for free lol!!!!:D

Cami
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I think if you took the cars you have now, and brought them up to 1/24 scale, added interiors, you would sell a lot more of them than you may realize. People would gobble them up.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I think if you took the cars you have now, and brought them up to 1/24 scale, added interiors, you would sell a lot more of them than you may realize. People would gobble them up.
You may be right and I am not saying never, but it is not for a near future. I have started a 1/24 1951 GM Le Sabre show car 1-1/2 year ago that has an interior. I had to make my own drawings (because they do not exist) based on around 100 pictures to make it as accurate as possible. The interior was great but I was not satisfied with the body. After around 300 hours given in the project, the idea of reworking the body lead me to give up... temporarily. It is still on my desk and I look at it every day telling myself that someday I will find the courage to put in the 100-150 hours needed to finish it.

Models of bigger scales require more details and more details means more time and as every paper model designer knows, time is our biggest concern... after space lol.:D For now, I prefer to work on simplier models and make more different projects than to spend a year on one highly detailed project. It must be a matter of taste and personal motivations, but this forum is a place to share toughts and ideas and I appreciate that you share yours.

Cami
Old 04-03-2012, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.67 MB
Cami

Why don't' you post'em now. They looked pretty much done already? )
Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modeller View Post
Cami

Why don't' you post'em now. They looked pretty much done already? )
The model itself is pretty much done, but the kit is not. I want to include a tips/instructions sheet, a cover and a display/diorama type base. I am currently working on all of these. I have started to work on my official website yesterday and I really expect to have everything ready by the end of this month. The release of the first wave '57s is just a few weeks away. Then, next models should come sooner as my templates for the base, cover and instructions sheet will be done and only have to be adpated to the subjects.

Cami
Google Adsense
Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I look forward to seeing your website and to the availability of your excellent automobile models, whenever you are ready.

Don
Old 04-07-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
I look forward to seeing your website and to the availability of your excellent automobile models, whenever you are ready.

Don
Thanks Don, I am making progress every day, but delayed the website a little to work on a prototype of a rolling chassis. The 3D tires seem to be a common request and I have decided that I would add a rolling chassis to the kit. The only problem is the absence of brakes, but I hope this is not going to STOP you! LOL:D Here are some pics.

Cami
Attached Thumbnails
1957 Chevrolet-img_01501.jpg   1957 Chevrolet-img_01511.jpg   1957 Chevrolet-img_01611.jpg  
Old 04-07-2012, 10:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
What I can say? Really with the 3d wheels the model looks complete. Beautiful!!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Very fine and talented work indeed Cami.
I too am looking forward to seeing your car models available once you have the time at hand to do so.

I certainly greatly enjoy the skill you bring to, and show in, your beautiful models.

Kind and Respectful Regards Cami, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 107.05 MB
Send a message via MSN to bf109
i'm looking forward to your website also , for a start you could maybe put up your great collection of sprintcup cars as freebies , they were already free and other people could see what great models and clear instructions you make!

go cami
Google Adsense