PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Cami's Projects

Old 08-14-2016, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Love the subject and design! - George
Old 08-14-2016, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Thanks for your interest guys.

Quote:
I'll be looking forward to seeing this too! I've always been a huge fan of the Streamline Modern style. After all the B-17 came out of this design era. This truck will look great sitting next to a Stratoliner.

I must complement you on your designs Cami. It is amazing what you are able to do with such curvey vehicles.
Thanks for the compliment John. It is funny that you mention your Stratoliner model because it is exactly what I had in mind for this project, more or less an accessory truck for your TWA Boeing in 1/48.

Cami
Old 08-15-2016, 12:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
Hi Cami, I was wondering if you were aware of what is probably the ultimate Streamline Modern tanker truck, the Doodlebug? Scott and I had considered doing this to go along with the Stratoliner.

Anything new on the Dodge?
Old 08-15-2016, 03:32 PM

Hi John,

I knew about the Diamond T Doodlebug and it was one of the model I considered for this contest, but I expected to do an interior and could not find enough reference material of it. I have tons of pictures and I have the superb Niko Moritz blueprints for the exterior, but nothing for the interior.

It was not an easy task either for the Airflow, I worked from only 3 or 4 pictures and had to figure the proportions of the interior. I am pretty happy of out it turned out, but can not guarantee it is a perfect recreation. I also had to work from pictures of the Chrysler Airflow car dashboard to complete it. For the exterior, I started from Niko Moritz early Airflow truck drawings and will adapt it from pictures of the Chrysler and Ford museum trucks. Nothing new so far, I expect to work on the chassis this week (not a detailed one).

Cami
Old 08-16-2016, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
Cami, I looked through my copy of “Dodge Trucks: 1929-1947 Photo Archive” by Howard L. Applegate. Unfortunately, no interior photos of the Airflow. There are some good exterior shots of various Airflow tankers, including a nice profile of the prototype as well as some custom jobs. There is also an Airflow beer truck that looks pretty sharp. If you’re interested, I’d be happy to scan them for you.
Google Adsense
Old 08-16-2016, 11:54 AM

Thanks for offering your help John,

I have a lot of Airflow pictures including the beer truck, an ice cream truck and even a Goodyear Tires truck but if I need something i will let you know. Speaking of beer trucks, Labatt's steamliners of the 1930's and 1940's are the best looking in my opinion.

Cami
Old 08-26-2016, 03:34 PM

Here is a little update guys.

Nothing new to show, but I made some progresses on the cab skin (about 75% unfolded). I should be able to complete the cab next week. Wheels have been printed. The chassis can not be finished until I design the tank. I am not ahead of the schedule, but I am not behind either. I expect to come up with a few pictures next week.

Cami
Attached Thumbnails
1939 Dodge Airflow Truck-hood.jpg  
Old 08-27-2016, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nice to see the progress, Cami.

Don
Old 08-27-2016, 11:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 283.81 MB
Yes, it is good to see progress on this one. It should make a good addition to anyone's collection who is interested in the era... like me!

The advantage of simplifying origami are twofold.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:33 PM

Thanks guys!

Cami
Google Adsense