PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Cami's Projects

Old 09-13-2017, 11:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
"The old guy up the street had a Terraplane Coupe, the interesting thing is it was restored and painted metallic blue. I questioned him about the color and he told me it was accurate. It appears the Terraplane made their "metallic" colors by mixing their paint with fish scales. I don't know if this is true or just a rather creative story, but that was his line and he was sticking to it.

Beard"

He might be off a year or 2 on the timeline and it was DuPont, but he's basically correct. What he didn't say was that the original type paint, depending on how much it was in sunlight, didn't last very long.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 830.10 MB
Hello from Germany,

yes you are right. In the first recipes for metallic colours they added those shimmering fish parts. I wonder how long the effect lasts.

Michael
Old 03-06-2018, 09:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 325.07 MB
Hello from Portugal,
Any news about this fantastic work being done by Cami? I would love to buy one when it is finished/ available!
Thanks!