PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-16-2010, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Still Alive and Well

Hi Team
Well I have had a couple of emails asking where I have been. First off let me thank you for your kindness. Sadly it seems that there has been a lot of bad news in the forum lately with sickness and accidents and stuff.

To add to this I had 2 deaths in my family. My Mum passed away in Scotland a few weeks ago in Scotland while I was in Philadelphia and they could not reach me. I had another death a few weeks earlier when my dog sadly went to the play ground in the sky. ;-)

No need for any comments but I want you to know that I have not forgotten about the paper modelers and thank you all so very much for your consideration. Nice to be missed.

I will be back soon and just poking around once in a while.

Thanks Peter Taft and SwampFox for your emails. Sorry I forgot who else dropped me a note.

Really busy with one of my teams productions at the moment. Have some more filming to do and a radio show tomorrow. I will be on a 3 hour radio show with Riverfront Radio from 4:00pm - 7:00pm Central Daylight time if you want to hear me. lol Trust me your not missing anything. ;-)

If anyone has Comcast on demand > Paranormal TV > HauntU you can see an 11 part production that I was part of in Philadelphia. I have yet to see it as we don't have Comcast in St. Louis. lol

Take care everyone and see you all around soon.
Cheers

Jim (Bagpiper)
Google Adsense
Old 10-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Some time come, some time go - but they always come back. Really annoying when life intrudes on the hobbies - of course it depends on which you consider to be your life...

Yogi (condolences and congrats - somehow things eventually balance out, but it might be a while in this case)
Old 10-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Jim. Great to see a thread with your tag on it, but like you already know, sorry it's one of sad times. Time is a great healer, and now you know one thing for sure.... your Mum will be taking good care of you dog. God bless you Jim, and long live the memory of those good times with your lost loved ones.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_for_now View Post
Some time come, some time go - but they always come back. Really annoying when life intrudes on the hobbies - of course it depends on which you consider to be your life...

Yogi (condolences and congrats - somehow things eventually balance out, but it might be a while in this case)
Thanks Yogi. I could never leave paper modelers as I would for sure miss you mate. Your the guy I blame for getting me into this hobby - for which; many thanks.

I just need to get my head in gear so I can again relax. My Dad; Bless Him: always said "one day at a time"

Agreed about the Condolences and Congrats. My colleagues did not know whether to congratulate me on my filming or not due to the timing. I know my Dad would have seen the funny side.

All the best Yogi and thanks again.

Cheers
Jim

p.s I would miss all you lads and lassies.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Jim. Great to see a thread with your tag on it, but like you already know, sorry it's one of sad times. Time is a great healer, and now you know one thing for sure.... your Mum will be taking good care of you dog. God bless you Jim, and long live the memory of those good times with your lost loved ones.
Ah! Sorry Peter. Your the one I forgot who sent me a wee note as well. How could I forget you mate. Your the guy that made me see straight. lol

All the best Peter and thanks for your nice words.

Jim
Google Adsense
Old 10-16-2010, 09:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Good to see you pop back up in the Forum, Jim. Glad to hear you are busy and productive. Look forward to seeing your paper models when time permits.

DOn
Old 10-16-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Good to see you pop back up in the Forum, Jim. Glad to hear you are busy and productive. Look forward to seeing your paper models when time permits.

DOn
Thanks Don.
Really need to get that Gee Bee finished for sure. lol
See you around.

Cheers
Jim
Old 10-16-2010, 10:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
The best remedy for the pain of losing a dog is to get another dog.

Stray Rescue of St. Louis has about 200 available dogs.
you can see their pictures and descriptions on line at: Companion Animals for Adoption | Stray Rescue of St. Louis

I had to put down our 7 year old Rottweiler due to an enlarged heart in 2009.
He was so sick that he would not eat and he was losing weight and becoming weak.

A week later, the local county pound put a 1 year old Rottweiler up for adoption and I got him.

To be honest, he has been a challenge.
Perhaps I should have waited for an older dog.
However, he eased the pain of losing the old dog.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 697.0 KB
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Garland
Old 10-17-2010, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Good to hear from you again, bagpiper.
I thought you went on a walkabout and forgot about this place.

Keep the spirits up (and under scrutiny (and in a glass) in some cases). :D
Google Adsense