PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-18-2008, 06:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Re: Copyright (c) - How to

Having read the above I think the answer does revolve around having a well worded EULA which clearly states that the model in question, "can not be redistributed without the written permission of the designer.

Cheers JTF.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 0

In my opinion, free models should be spread all around. Every limitation, moreover a specific written permission, goes against the spirit of free works. Just to be extreme, when I will be no more on this earth my models should be available without my permission (it appears to me difficult to give it. ;D).

Piracy is bad. The cure has not to be bad as well.

I like if someone redistribute my free models. I don't like if someone says he is the owner of the work or if he deletes the signs I put directly inside the sheet (a separate EULA could be lost in some way).

From my point of view an EULA should state simply who is the real author, that the work itself is free, that it could be freely copied, shared, redistributed on several media, that the real author must receive the credits. All of this without explicit permissions. A collection of 4.5Gbyte of free models would require to get in contact with hundreds of authors, in many different languages; most of times the author is not reachable or unknown.

For commercial models of course it is another matter.

This is my very personal opinion and it is only a way to see things. Other point of view are good as well.

ULTIMATUM TO THE EARTH. Follow the story in progress.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB

i always like to reference this page about "models", written by a copyright lawyer. as most models are "images", his terminology regarding "photos" applies...

http://www.glamourmodels.com/resourc...es/070903.html
Old 10-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB

Thanks!
Will check it out
Chris