PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
I think the decision at this point is making itself. I have been barely able to access cm for the last 36 hours. Occasionally I am able to get it to load, but when I do I mostly can't navigate or get any posts to load. This is from 2 different computers at different locations running different operating systems - so I'm pretty sure it's not on my side.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
In one way I agree with Mark, both forum's can exist together. I will be posting in both. And yes Mark runs a excellent forum for the Bismarck build, which I am also a member.

But I disagree about 'bashing' the other forum, I haven't seen this anyware apart from on cardmodels.net itself. Some members didn't like the move and stated their points, I complained about the speed myself. I also hope for a gallery restore, as I did not back my pictures up, I'm such an idiot and will keep copies next time.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Can somebody pm me the website for the Bismarck forum you're talking about? It's the one ship I would really like to have a nice model of someday and would love to follow what other people are doing
Old 07-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Why PM? I would like to have it too I can go to as many forums as I want! (and yes, I still go to Zealot/CM on a regular basis)
Chris
Old 07-18-2007, 03:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
I don't think mark will mind a few more visiters. http://www.buildthebismarck.co.uk/

Links to the German site are also on there, they are about 4/5 months ahead with the build.
Google Adsense
Old 07-18-2007, 08:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.31 MB
I guess I spoke too soon about copying my current build thread over here from CM. I went to go start copying stuff off to my local drive and find that the whole thread is GONE, just plain obliterated! I posted a none too subtle message about my displeasure over there. We'll see what happens.

Rick
Old 07-18-2007, 09:33 PM

Hi Guys, I guess I over-reacted.....maybe I misinterpreted a few words...obviously others didn't read them the same way. Maybe I'm just a little sensitive to the subject. Anyway, sorry :o

Paul, thanks for the kind words about my Bismarck forum. Of course I'm happy for the link to be posted - the more the merrier
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
now you see it, now you don't

Rick

No odder than anything else that's happened since we were last expected to believe that yet another server had pulled yet another plug on yet another forum, but it just came on screen for me without even being logged in.
Try again or PM me for a 3.14mb zip file.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:44 PM

Hi Rick, Not sure what happened, but your thread is still there http://forum.zealot.com/t147137-13/

I'm might glad it wasn't lost - it's a superb thread.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 12.31 MB
It was temporarily deleted, and was quickly restored after my message. So all is well now. But the experience teaches me one thing. I think from now on I'll compose my threads locally so I'll have a copy and then post. Just in case the next time it's not recoverable!

Rick
Google Adsense