PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-10-2010, 07:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
besides card modeling.. any one here into flight sim or train sim??

since we are all card modelers here .. and other models
any one here into flight simulator , train simulator and any other sims out there( they got sims for everything)
and wat is ur best addon for the sims.. pay or free ware
Google Adsense
Old 12-10-2010, 07:28 AM

I have been in flight sim for a while. I have Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, with lots of payware addons. I got the 3d lights redux addon, I've got Real Environment Xtreme, a few payware jets, some other stuff. I have also flown flights for a couple virtual airlines, I flew for Virtual Frontier Airlines and American Virtual Airlines. I lost interest in it because my computer could never quite run the sim the way I wanted it to.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
Speaking of flight sims...and I doubt this exists...but is there any "completely online" flight sims out there...nothing as involved as MFS...but fun and challenging?
Old 12-10-2010, 07:43 AM

Never heard of one....the closest thing to that I guess would be the google earth flight sim, and that just stinks.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:48 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Warbirds
Aces High

Just two off the top of my head
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Banned

I have FS 2002/2004 on my computer with around 1000 different aircraft and all the terrain bump ups I could find. I have created fictional sites for my son, like a missile base outside my hometown. I also have X Plane with is really awesome. We also have IL2 Sturmovik and Combat Aces. I learned how to navigate on FS2004 and it saved me a lot of money when I was flying. I also used FS2004 to fly flights before I flew them for real, as the terrain was so accurate.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 AM

i have tons of free ware jets mostly project opensky.. Ifdg ...vista liners now i am getting more and more pay ware like wilcofeelthere.. for some reason i get flight sim has performed illegal ops when i use wilco addons?? and i install everything to my fs9 folder guess all the different folders dont load into specific fs9 folders oyyy best addons are aerosoft airports.. tons and tons of train sim locos stock and routes.. including the massive PRR middle division running from the horse shoe curve to philly.. north to newyork..and south to washington:P
i am still trying to master kai tak on msfs
simming is as addictive as card models
Old 12-10-2010, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I love FSX....especially now that I expanded with the "Acceleration" Pack

I would love to find the time to play more and add more scenery and add-ons.

I too hunt for all the freeware aircraft I can
...but alas, so many are glitchy and features don't always work.
The Concorde for example is an absolute pain to fly!
As is the Avro Vulcan.
Both of which I would really love to play with.

I seem to have a lot of sound issues with some planes...my B24s are very annoying!

I don't understand all the sim flying that goes on, I would love to learn more.
I mostly stick to the missions in FSX.

'04 has a cool collection of planes, but I like the voice overs and assistance in FSX missions.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:44 AM

ur right there are ALOT of glitches with some planes.. project open sky v.4 are hard to turn on the taxi ways... and some planes will not perform an approach right when doing an auto land
Old 12-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
I can remember my first Flight Sim "Microsoft Flight Sim 5" this amazed me ! it was the first time i had a Potentiometer Joystick - i used the CLICKER type on the Amiga computers, so when i got started on building these PC's and got hold of a flight simulator with the true flight characteristics i was WELL IMPRESSED The Sim it'self would only run in DOS, and NO MATTER how much RAM your computer had plugged in, the sim would only run if the first 570k {top of memory stack} was free {first 640k}. One had to configure the RAM at bootup and use HI-MEM for this to run properly. At this time, the cost of RAM was a HUGE £100 for around 8Mb {something to do with earthquakes destroying the production site in Malaysia} Not long after Windows 3.1 / 3.11 / and '95 appeared - pushing up prices for ram even further. I still enjoy sims. I have MSFS2002/04 Ship Simulator 2006 and Several Train Simulators also. The amount of freely available downloads for all these is brilliant, and the projects still running to produce more add ons is breathtaking... all those hours given freely, just for the love of the Sim and to share happiness, like we paper modellers do here.
Google Adsense