PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-18-2007, 09:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Halinski Hayabusa live (well, sort off...)

My little diorama idea is growing - those are just trial shots to see how the trees come up on the photo so go easy on me
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski Hayabusa live (well, sort off...)-diorama_hayabusa_x1.jpg   Halinski Hayabusa live (well, sort off...)-diorama_hayabusa_x2.jpg   Halinski Hayabusa live (well, sort off...)-diorama_hayabusa_x3.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
Yay! Finally a model I built myself!

The trees look pretty convincing to me, and that shack with accessories looks great.
One thing I see is the tree bases could be blended in with the ground, but I'm sure you're planning to.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Love it, Michael! The sepia tone is very cool and believable! I recall some photos a ways back.... Definately an awesome idea. Wish I had the patience and creativity to do that!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Love it Michael. Like Ghar said, get some of that green sawdust that the RRs use and blend the edges. Maybe ruffle that green a little to make it irregular. It is getting better and better.

C.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Thank you guys.
The trees are not attached to the ground. My plan is to be able to change the look of the diorama for different aircrafts and use it for the tanks as well (future)
Any ideas how this blending could be achieved without actually mounting the trees permanently?
Google Adsense
Old 07-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Well, it'd be a little messy, but you can use the 'flock' they are talking about without gluing it down. Just spread it over the ground and base of the trees. The kind I have came in a big plastic container with a screw on lid - so you can just lay it down, then sweep it up and store it between use.
A quick search gave me http://www.cchobbies.com/scenery/wsgrass.htm - they have grass flock as well as lichen. I'm sure you've got a local hobby store that does train stuff you could look for what you want exactly though.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
There is also stuff that is sort of loosely attached in sheets, if that makes any sense. You could maybe attach it permanently tothe bases ofthe trees? Hmm. Must think about this.