PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Arrow Design A Trophy !

Wasn't quite sure where to post this - so feel free to move it.

Right here's the plot. An idea that was posted in the P.O.T.W thread by Ron got me thinking... Yeah this is a cool idea - so i just elaborated on it.

What i am looking for, is one of our in-house designers {or anyone with design skills} to come up with a TROPHY that can be down loaded - printed out and made by the recipient of the POTW award. Not only would this be better than a printable sheet to hang on a wall, but more in keeping with the PAPER MODEL hooby. The trophy doesn't have to be over complex - a kind of build that takes very little time up for the builder to make, but one that can be looked upon with delight. The area at the front will have to allow me to fill the details in of the recipient for the week in hand. The designer will also get to have his/her "This Trophy is designed by: ******* " on the back of it and on it's own plate - this is in recognition of the designer.

If anyone wants to take this up - Please feel free to place any designs you come up with. I envisage something that stands 6 to 8 inches tall {including it's base} with a luxury finish i.e the base with a nice wood effect would look pretty damn cool. Include the new logo which is an idea Ron mentioned - this would look great. An instruction sheet would also be required.

This is NOT a competition - but i will get to pick the one i think suits best.
There is NO time limit - but sooner rather than later would be nice, so that i can BACK DATE awards since the day i took on the roll as editor.... no one misses out then.

So there you have it guys - i hope you all give it a shot. What ever happens, thanks in advance, and i would appreciate this very much
Google Adsense
Old 01-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
i have an idea a plint with a craft knife and scale cube on the plint. so i would think would not be to hard to design that at all. after all the craft knife would just really be a tube and a cube with a plint rather like the way say canon have some of them buildings on.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 PM

I made one when I first joined in 2007. I never got around to releasing it. I think I did it because there was talk about it then.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:33 AM

Some time a ago I did a simple throphy, for a group build. It's not as big as you require but if you want I can release a version of it without the markings related to the group build. It's available in three versions, white, silver and gold.

See here: Modelismo na Net • Ver tópico - Modelo exclusivo para o GB
Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormax View Post
i have an idea a plint with a craft knife and scale cube on the plint. so i would think would not be to hard to design that at all. after all the craft knife would just really be a tube and a cube with a plint rather like the way say canon have some of them buildings on.
Nice idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev0 View Post
I made one when I first joined in 2007. I never got around to releasing it. I think I did it because there was talk about it then.
Any chance of you being able to put a picture of your design here - Please and thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xadow View Post
Some time a ago I did a simple throphy, for a group build. It's not as big as you require but if you want I can release a version of it without the markings related to the group build. It's available in three versions, white, silver and gold.

See here: Modelismo na Net • Ver tópico - Modelo exclusivo para o GB
This looks VERY nice indeed.

Just a note.... There is no need for the Logo to be included in the design, so please skip that request - and go with just the other parameters only THANKS
Google Adsense
Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
using the "keep it simple" technique, what about a simpler "Trophy":

Basically two parts...a cube and a disc.
Cube has a slot in the top for the disc.

Disc is like a Medal...could be finished in Metal (Gold or Silver?)
or any type of texture.
Face is decorated with Logo, text, etc of the Event details.

Cube base can be a "Scale Cube" or decorated with surface textures.
Logos can appear on the sides? (eg papermodelers.com)

Blank Information Plates can be filled in as necessary,
and then included with the trophy model.
Attached Thumbnails
Design A Trophy !-trophy-idea.jpg  
Old 01-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
I rather like it!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Doesn't it go without saying that any modeler that made POTW would be able to handily build their own trophy, no matter how complicated?

Just asking...

Terry
Old 01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
That's true, but if the folks in charge around here held on to the original design, and sent it to people who earned it, then it would remain something unique. The person's name and info for earning it could be put on prior to being sent out. That's a job I would volunteer my time to do.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbeam View Post
Doesn't it go without saying that any modeler that made POTW would be able to handily build their own trophy, no matter how complicated?

Just asking...

Terry

Sure they COULD but would they? Thats the question

Ashrunner - I assume you mean you would build it and send it? I think thats what i understand