PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
I see you all sometime guys don't know when don't really know

I think my internet is been cut today sometime, seems that this take over lot don't give the service to people in flats that is mad really seem i have to go for the mobile broadband things in the next day are two this is annoying is all i can say. they phoned me and told me and then put me through to the customer support lot and i was on there for twenty minutes of lousy music over and over again, then the battery in the phone went dead to save me from the lousy music
Google Adsense
Old 01-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Sorry to hear that Martin - how very annoying that must be for you. Hope you get something sorted out, mobile broadband isn't cheap for sure. When i phone Talk Talk services, you can bet it takes a lifetime to actually talk to someone, in the meantime the music loop drives you bonkers and that's just to pay a bill Good luck - and best wishes mate.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Eternal Member

phew got through and seems the problem is that they have to have an outdoor thing on the roof and there is no way in hell that my landlord would let that happen. They asked would i like to send it back to them today the clearwire modem smart alexs i wait till it is cut and they can come and get it then. so not gone yet then they could get fed up and cut it in ten minutes who is to know how big companies think Damn the o2 moden for laptops you need a credit card to buy on line at the super offer. I think i will just have to get off my butt and walk a bit into town when i get rid of the swine flu. But good news I won this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I think there is going to be a guy back working on the citroen traction avant staff car very soon can't get better than this kit, I had one back in the late 1990's when i was helping a guy restore the real deal i even brought it to work took all the paint off and then powder coated it black and we gave it as a present to the guy that owned the car we were fixing up. I suppose he still has it should really we even put his number plate and even a little dog from a farm set of the kind he had sitting on the back seat.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I think you need to build yourself a big paper communications dish
and lock onto one of the internet satellites and make sure you don't disappear from here!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Sorry to hear that Martin - how very annoying that must be for you. Hope you get something sorted out, mobile broadband isn't cheap for sure. When i phone Talk Talk services, you can bet it takes a lifetime to actually talk to someone, in the meantime the music loop drives you bonkers and that's just to pay a bill Good luck - and best wishes mate.

what really annoys me most is I have had this service from clearwire for over 3 and a half years and all because some other company takes them over i lose my internet at the nice price of 14.99 euro a month for the last year and 9 months not going to get a deal like that again that is for sure, had the odd little problems losing connectiion during heavy rain and snow but all round it was good.
Google Adsense
Old 01-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Eternal Member

Is SKY not offering a deal ?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
An alternative route to internet connectivity

I just posted about temporarily losing my own phone service and how telcom stores in US push more expensive wireless service over cheaper hard wired connection.

If you know any of your neighbors and they have the same problem getting internet service and there are no bandwidth hogs in the group, consider setting up a shared or co operative wi fi network.
You can be far from the wi-fi base station if you use a wok-tenna to improve signal strength.
The idea is to put a USB wi-fi transceiver at the focal point (F= Diameter squared/16depth) of a large Asian round bottomed wok or fine mesh sieve. This creates a directional antennae that can pick up wi-fi signals from many blocks away.

At least in the US where the strip malls of every big city have an Asian food mart, it is possible to get a big wok or giant sieve for under 10 dollars.

www.downeastmicrowave.com/PDF/dishfp.PDF

Vistumbler is a downloadable portable program for Windows that you can use to evaluate wi-fi signal strength.

In Seattle, there are wi-fi network cooperatives that leap frog wi-fi signals for miles across the suburbs to create low cost moderate speed internet access for their subscribers.

Here is a university white paper assessment of wi fi co operatives.

An initial assessment of cooperative action in Wi-Fi networking

0r

http://www.communication.illinois.ed...nt_of_Coop.pdf

or