PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-29-2011, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Letters of Note

Some time ago I was wandering the web in one of those days full of boredom.

I can't recall exactly how, but I ended reading an interesting site.
And I would like to share it with you:

Letters of Note

This place has a wonderful collection of letters, memos, telegrams, and notes that provide you with hours and hours of enjoyable reading.

Most of the letters are written by very famous people of the last 120 years. From musicians and actors to politicians and writers, and lots of more people who have in some way become part of the popular culture and who have written modern history.

Being personal correspondence, they are not the typical reading you can find from any magazine or TV documentary. They offer a really refreshing view on those who wrote them.

The last letter they published almost made me cry:
Letters of Note: Men are climbing to the moon but they don't seem interested in the beating human heart
It was the desperate cry of a woman trying to understand what happened in her world. In this letter to her psychiatrist, we travel to the quite unknown mind of Marilyn Monroe.

And there are other nice examples as well:

Mark Twain on piracy: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2010/02...ttonheads.html

Cpt. Scott writes to his wife (future widow) from the South Pole: Letters of Note: To: My widow

Schulz, on Peanuts: Letters of Note: I have never drawn PEANUTS for children

Philip K. Dick on Blade Runner: Letters of Note: Blade Runner will prove invincible

Al Capp to a fan: Letters of Note: Don't keep remembering what you've lost

And there are dozens and dozens more of beautiful personal letters that will surely bring joy to you. That's one of the best places to read on the web. No doubt.

Hope you like them as much as I have.

Last edited by Rubenandres77; 01-29-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Correcting one link.
Google Adsense