PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Wyvern's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Florida, USA
Posts: 3,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I have created this page to honor Richard Vyškovský (the designer of the Tomas Flyabout and LOTS more) I have provided many links to his free models with a short biography and links to a couple purchases.

This is a work-in-progress, any additional information will be helpful. You can also link to this page from my links page under Richard Vyškovský.
Sadly, it appears this tribute page has been taken down.

I wish Mr. Vyskovsky's ABC models were more readily available here in the States. He did wonderful designs.

Do any of our Czech members know if he's still putting out models for ABC?

Wyvern
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2010, 11:30 AM
rickstef's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bear, Delaware
Posts: 4,405
Send a message via AIM to rickstef Send a message via MSN to rickstef Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef
Bart,

yes jimbo is still operating the website(good way to find out is actually going there)
__________________
"Rock is Dead, Long Live Paper and Scissors"
International Paper Model Convention Blog
http://paperdakar.blogspot.com/
http://picasaweb.google.com/rickstef
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2010, 11:38 AM
SCEtoAUX's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,421
About a year ago I ordered the Jules Verne ABC Special magazine published in 2005 according to the cover from Jimbo's Papermodelworld and received it very quickly and in very good condition. It was sent flat instead of rolled up like some get sent from some vendors and packaged very good. Nice quick and courteous service.
__________________
~Doug~ In dog beers, I've only had one.
Project Gutenberg AC0568105 EAMUS CATULI!
It is not laudatory or heroic to accomplish that duty the neglect of which would be criminal.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Pat_craft's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Romainville, France
Posts: 796
Here, you will found some informations... but they are in french...
NAUTILUS d'aprs Jules Verne

Hope that will help you.
__________________
(Nb : sorry for my bad english. I try to do my best...)
My blog
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2010, 02:32 AM
Mirco's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Louny, Czech republic, Earth-that-is
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Do any of our Czech members know if he's still putting out models for ABC?
Yes, he does. Now they are 1/32 veteran cars series, previously it was 1/50 military vehicles and 1/50 construction machines. Plus some buildings once in a while.
Info on abc pages (links sorted from the newest):
Aero 30 1934 | iABC.cz
Tatra 80 1930 | iABC.cz
Kozí hrádek u Tábora | iABC.cz
Cadillac 1933 | iABC.cz
Mostní tank MT-55 | iABC.cz
Morris Commercial C8 Mk III s kolesnou a houfnicí Ordnance QF 25-pdr | iABC.cz
etc.

The Jules Verne special is mostly by Ladislav Badalec, though.

I'm pretty sure I have the oldest abc Nautilus somewhere in the stash; will bring some info and pictures next week.
__________________
...to boldly glue what no man has glued before...
Any critique of my work is welcome.
Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nerdvana
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Sadly, it appears this tribute page has been taken down.
I removed the page simply because my list of people I wanted to pay tribute to grew larger and larger, and I needed to focus on my own abilities, which was the point of getting my own website in the first place.

I now realize (20-20 hindsight) that I could have simply posted a thread here, and I would, but all those links I once had have vanished.

Very happy to learn others enjoy his work as much as I do.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:36 AM
Wyvern's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Florida, USA
Posts: 3,244
thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirco View Post
Yes, he does. Now they are 1/32 veteran cars series, previously it was 1/50 military vehicles and 1/50 construction machines. Plus some buildings once in a while.
Info on abc pages (links sorted from the newest):
Aero 30 1934 | iABC.cz
Tatra 80 1930 | iABC.cz
Kozí hrádek u Tábora | iABC.cz
Cadillac 1933 | iABC.cz
Mostní tank MT-55 | iABC.cz
Morris Commercial C8 Mk III s kolesnou a houfnicí Ordnance QF 25-pdr | iABC.cz
etc.

The Jules Verne special is mostly by Ladislav Badalec, though.

I'm pretty sure I have the oldest abc Nautilus somewhere in the stash; will bring some info and pictures next week.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Wyvern's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Florida, USA
Posts: 3,244
I wonder if he would be willing to sell his models through eCardmodels? It would certainly widen the exposure to his design talents, especially to modelers in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I removed the page simply because my list of people I wanted to pay tribute to grew larger and larger, and I needed to focus on my own abilities, which was the point of getting my own website in the first place.

I now realize (20-20 hindsight) that I could have simply posted a thread here, and I would, but all those links I once had have vanished.

Very happy to learn others enjoy his work as much as I do.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nerdvana
Posts: 1,679
I emailed him some time ago and received no reply, I have since lost his email...don't remember from where I acquired the email address.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
billy.leliveld's Avatar
POTW Editor
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rotterdam, Holland
Posts: 2,959
Here's the big guy himself:D
Attached Thumbnails
Richard Vyškovský-i1383861-4.jpg  
__________________
Cheers, Billy
http://pinterest.com/billyleliveld/
Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2