PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Jsc uss ward

i just started to build the USS Ward.after gluing the deck to the deckbase and gluing parts 1o L and 10 r to form the hull, i found that the bottom part of each piece has a slight curve upwards. the model does not sit flush with a work board. i did not add the formers in side, has anyone had this type of problem?? would i have to do a bit of sanding at the bow and stern with a emery board to keep her flush with a work board before gluing the colored hull? thanks in advance
btw.. the said parts are wrapped around with no problem and as far as i can tell the tops of both sides are even with the deck .
Google Adsense
Old 04-06-2011, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
FS2010, I've built a bunch of JSC, their method of blocks of hull as a base then skinning works sometimes. But as they are waterline kits the bottom has to be flush with the working surface before skinning. sometimes the under skeleton warps up at both ends like a canoe. The best thing to do is either trace a base plate onto a card surface and glue that to the frame work then tack it down on a pane of glass or something firm and absolutely flat, then glue the final skins on. Best of luck!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
im thinking about making a base plate a few layers of card that with keep it flush after i get the formers glued, then glue the hull skin
Old 04-06-2011, 01:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
exactly.. I'd use about .5mm about a ceral box thickness.