PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Something For BUFF Fans

Just a forum page I came across; Happy birthday, Big Ugly Fat....Fella........

From a year ago, with, as someone on the page says, a picture of "Something you don't see every day".

BUFF first flight 59 years and 12 days ago. Happy belated birthday!

Scott K.
Google Adsense
Old 05-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

How the heck i missed this beggars belief - thank you so much for sharing - I bookmarked this, the info and Photographs are awesome You made this guy VERY happy
Old 05-05-2011, 02:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
59 years of service later...The B-52 is still in service...58 years before the B-52...THERE WEREN'T ANY AIRPLANES!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:19 AM

Glad you like it, Peter. Here's another goodie; Railfan.net Contributor Photo dansyrcher/IMG_0203.jpg

This one is about 2-1/2 hours away from me. I was able to take a bunch of my own pictures of it a while back. Non-digital, so I need to find and scan them some day.

It really was a strange experience, being able to drive around areas in the former Rome AFB that could have gotten me shot, or at least imprisoned, for being in back when it was still active (It's an industrial park now).

The picture above was referenced in a thread I'm following on Railroad.net, about exploring Utica (NY)'s old railroads, here; RAILROAD.NET • View topic - Exploring Utica's old railroads

Scott K.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
Glad you like it, Peter. Here's another goodie; Railfan.net Contributor Photo dansyrcher/IMG_0203.jpg

This one is about 2-1/2 hours away from me. I was able to take a bunch of my own pictures of it a while back. Non-digital, so I need to find and scan them some day.

It really was a strange experience, being able to drive around areas in the former Rome AFB that could have gotten me shot, or at least imprisoned, for being in back when it was still active (It's an industrial park now).

The picture above was referenced in a thread I'm following on Railroad.net, about exploring Utica (NY)'s old railroads, here; RAILROAD.NET • View topic - Exploring Utica's old railroads

Scott K.
Thanks for pointing me to these - EXCELLENT Hope to see the scans some day
Google Adsense
Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 PM

Once my situation settles somewhat, I should be able to find and scan those Griffiss pix I have.

Meanwhile, look here; TSMCのホームページ
Scroll down to "Topics" and click on the second link (it should have "B-52H" in it). A 1/48 paper B-52H, detailed right down to the individual turbine blades in the engines. I can't tell from the translation for certain, but I believe it's the modeler's own design.

Scott K.
Attached Thumbnails
Something For BUFF Fans-r0017009m.jpg  
Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Talking

Quote:
I had exactly the same thought photographing to Norden bomb sights in some of the WW2 bombers at the USAf Museum...and the engine exhausts on the F-117 and B-2...
Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Once my situation settles somewhat, I should be able to find and scan those Griffiss pix I have.

Meanwhile, look here; TSMCのホームページ
Scroll down to "Topics" and click on the second link (it should have "B-52H" in it). A 1/48 paper B-52H, detailed right down to the individual turbine blades in the engines. I can't tell from the translation for certain, but I believe it's the modeler's own design.

Scott K.
Hey... She's a beauty for sure. Thanks for sharing this
Old 06-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
It would be nice if the BUFF was available somewhere. But it is well done, although the engine covers are a bit off.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:00 PM

I found my Griffiss walk-around pictures, now I just have to find my scanner, it's still packed from our recent move. Meanwhile, I just saved these from Bing's Birds-Eye view, as a fill-in.

Scott K.
Attached Thumbnails
Something For BUFF Fans-buff-1.jpg   Something For BUFF Fans-buff-2.jpg   Something For BUFF Fans-buff-3.jpg   Something For BUFF Fans-buff-4.jpg  
Google Adsense