PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
MY epsom cx3650 has died are i think it has

well epsom gave me a bday present last night of my printer dying. it gave a lot of years of service do, i do have a backup plan do my brother in law has the same type so if i get that one to work it be good nonetheless this one is right now a six kilo brick
Google Adsense
Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Just out of curosity what failed. Print heads or other.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Eternal Member

I don't really know it just has all these lights flashing with the ink and paper red lights on and i tried the usual if a page is stuck and it done nothing spent an hour trying to figure it out earlier, theres nothing in there to like a page stuck and when try to print windows 7 is so helpful there is a problem. I would not have guessed |It started by not printing black unless it is lines such as in the last photo sorry it may be hard to see but there is supposed to be black filled in around the wheel rims. was reading there was ink and was printing lines and even printed a few copies of my cv and then it done the christmas tree impression. I did get over five years out of it do.
Attached Thumbnails
MY epsom cx3650 has died are i think it has-gedc0001.jpg   MY epsom cx3650 has died are i think it has-gedc0002.jpg   MY epsom cx3650 has died are i think it has-gedc0003.jpg  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:24 AM

Ink Pads

Could be the waste ink pads. When these reach the end of life the printer will call for maitenance. Try looking this up on the net. The fix is easy and it could breath new life into your printer.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldixon View Post
Could be the waste ink pads. When these reach the end of life the printer will call for maitenance. Try looking this up on the net. The fix is easy and it could breath new life into your printer.

Seems to be the case of whats happening after looking. trying to find this thing just toget it working for a few more weeks maybe do getting inkpads changed here in ireland be costly
Google Adsense
Old 05-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Banned

Take the pads out, rinse them in warm water and re-install them. If you cannot remove it from it's plastic holder, rinse and clean the whole unit. (unplugged from the machine of course). Make sure it is completely dry before putting it back in. If it has a hose and waste tank, clean out the hose and empty the waste tank.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:46 AM

Hose clogged most likely problem. You can download service manuals online and then the fix is easy, shops will charge you more than a new printer, the fix as Zarthos said is straight forward clean or replace. I'm not so sure about soaking the whole unit though,

Here is a link that shows you how to take this printer down to get the pads cleaned
http://www.ianwillis.co.uk/c42/

You might need to reset the counter when completed. You can get the software to do this online also I think the 3600 software works on this model
Old 05-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
If you go for the pad and tank clean up, remember to have a good amount of ink left in the carts, ink re-charging will zap some of it - or pre-soak the pads and this will cut ink charging time/use. Works for me, just hope it works for you. Good Luck Martin
Old 05-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Banned

Thanks for catching that Mike, I certainly would not soak it either, but I would clean it thoroughly. It has to be insensitive, at least from the inside, or the ink would have messed itup. If there are chips on the outside, you might want to seal them or protect them from moisture. It's hard giving advice on electronics, because (for me anyways) there is a lot that I just do "automagically", and forget to write down. So use good judgement!!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
If you go for the pad and tank clean up, remember to have a good amount of ink left in the carts, ink re-charging will zap some of it - or pre-soak the pads and this will cut ink charging time/use. Works for me, just hope it works for you. Good Luck Martin

Epson would hate to hear that!!
Google Adsense