PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

View Poll Results: Would you Purchase this glue?
Defiantly yes, send me some now. 19 27.14%
Maybe if it wasn't too pricy 33 47.14%
Only if it tastes good 6 8.57%
No I like what I use. 12 17.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2011, 08:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Wiccoll THE perfect Glue

I have an acquaintance who works for Pacer Technology. They are the people who make the Zap line of adhesives. While discussing the merits of various glues I asked if they could produce custom PVA glues and the answer was yes, they consider their main market base to be the hobbyist.

A few of you have used the Wiccoll carton glue by Greven which is no longer available and like myself thought that it was THE PERFECT glue. For those of you who never used Wiccoll it dried to a flat finish and when dry was absolutely clear no milky tinge like most PVA glues. It also seemed to have the perfect setting time (not too fast) and good slip characteristics so that you could reposition the part.
My acquaintance said that given a sample they could backward engineer the product. I have a half bottle horded away so I could supply a sample. My question to the members is, would you purchase the glue assuming you liked it better then the glue you are presently using. Obviously I need to run a market survey to see if there is enough interest to warrant spending a couple thousand to run a batch of this special glue.

Jim Nunn
Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Were would be be able to buy it? I mostly buy white Elmer's glue from the dollar store. I live 25 miles from the nearest town and 57 miles from a hobby store in Branson, MO.. I would most certainly buy it if it was sold in a town close to me.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I would be interested, but don't build a whole lot so shelf life is also important. I bet I've thrown away dozen bottles of ZAP superglue that harden in the bottle on me.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Just let me know where and when I can buy it. I'm always on the hunt for a better adhesive.
Chris
Old 05-19-2011, 11:11 PM

Location: Central Wisconsin - literally in the middle of the state.
Total Downloaded: 18.40 MB
I use Zip Dry for most of my building and would hate to give up the entertainment value the fumes provide, but am willing to try anything once.
Google Adsense
Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Price, availability, shelf life, performance. All of those would be the defining factors as to whether that glue would be used. I most likely would buy one bottle of a glue presented as being specifically engineered toward paper models. If one of the factors mentioned fell to the wayside then another bottle of that glue would not be purchased.

I have a collection of glues that have been recommended and that have not performed as expected so no additonal purchases of those particular glues were made.

Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue is the glue that always gets purchased and used. Some folks find the Aleene's lacking, some find it the best stuff available so far. That is the way it goes with most everything. Reading reviews of products sometimes makes one wonder if the reveiwers are using the same products.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 72.31 MB
Always trying new types of glue, but I keep going back to the Aleene's line of glues. So it would need to be notably superior to keep me as a customer.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
i will buy Only if it tastes good
Old 05-21-2011, 05:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Kittifix is the successor brand to Wiccoll, but it is not easily available in NA. perhaps they could import it?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
If I'm not mistaken that's one of the standard glue always recommended in the old Polish kits, though it was spelt Wikol. Sounds like it's just a Polish spelling of the same thing maybe?
The other one was Hermol.

Haven't had a chance to try either but they're very very popular.
This site seems to sell it:
?wiat Modeli Rybnik