PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 05-22-2011, 01:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Mesquite TX Plastic model contest

Went to a Plastic model contest at Mesquite TX today(No, I decided to skip the Rapture today, maybe next time). Nice show, a lot of models on displace and looks like they'll be handing out a lot of award too. I didn't stay till the end so I don't know who and with what took home the best of show, but I'll pick the ...... I can't, too any good models there to choose from. I was hopping to see some paper models there too, but only one paper model enter as I can tell, the NY Twin Towers. And yes, I did bought something. I didn't think I will cause I mostly into Japanese anime sci fi models nowadays and moving away from military stuff. + I didn't see any books I want and was about to walk, then I came across Squadron table. They got a tons of nice kits on sale for very low price but nothing really catch my eyes, but then I saw that 1/200 USS Arizona kit. Retail was $240~$250? The price there was $100 tax free. I am like ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I couldn't pull the money out of my picket fast enough! It was a great day to go to a models show. Would be perfect day too if the TX weather wasn't so mudgee. But I got me a Arizona dirt cheap!(well, almost)

If you care to see the plastic models in the show. Go to my face book "Allen Tam" in See All: Photos. Be warned. Pictures heavy. Two albums with 360 models pictures. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Mesquite TX Plastic model contest-dsc_0030.jpg   Mesquite TX Plastic model contest-dsc_0031.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2011, 07:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Nice find on the USS Arizona. Just popped into my head.....but isn't this the weekend that the Squadron distribution center would be open to the public? I remember seeing I. The last mailer that they were going to have many deals at the center the same weekend as the local model show.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Yes, a modeler at the show told me Squadron having a open house on that weekend too and the sale price was even lower then anyone even seen.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I used to work for MMD/Squadron, loved getting all my models at cost.