PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 06-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
A place of ones own... I feel reborn!

I got the worlds greatest fathers day present. A place to work on my models and leave it set up! I have been building next to nothing because it was such a huge pain to set up and tear down for an hours worth of building. I spent about 15 hours cleaning my side of the basement with my work bench. It was a MESS! I got it all cleared up and ready to make a new mess! I thought it might be a nice place to leave set up for MY hobby but alas I had nowhere to sit. So my wife decided to take me out with the kids antique shopping to find some nice barstools for me to use - they are PERFECT! The height is spot on. I now have GREAT working light. I can easily get to all my tools and such. As Bart noted the are very Star Trekish too which I didnt think about but he is right! The one day I had it set up I fixed up two models (on the bench) that were sent to me and needed some repairs after the events I took them too - the op2e neptune and one of wills corsairs. I cant thank you guys enough for that kind of support in sending me models to help showcase our hobby!

I also finished up a model I was working on - Romans armored car. Will post pics after I get them taken!
Thanks
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
A place of ones own... I feel reborn!-chezmoi.jpg  
Old 06-19-2011, 08:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Awesome! That is nice.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Very nice! Having your own space is so important to this hobby. That Corsair looks pretty familiar. Is it the one with the nice shiny prop or the one with the exposed engine?

Curt
Old 06-19-2011, 09:49 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Dude,

You are super blessed! But, I still manage some build time, even with my 2x3 foot space. Glad your day turned out so well.

"Build warp factor 7"

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Chris that is really awsome!!
I am very happy for you My friend... to have a space of one's own is always welcome. I am still in your old boat. TV tray at the couch in the living room..takes more time to get ready than to build sometimes... Enjoy Man!!
Jeff
Google Adsense
Old 06-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

I think that it should be made law, that a man can appoint several feet for workspace even if he never uses it in his own dwelling place Great to see you have yours Chris.... now then, where's mine....ummm, no ! i will report it when and if i find it
Old 06-20-2011, 07:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
great-looking space!

Wyvern
Old 06-20-2011, 08:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Always good to have a place to do your work from....Especially the part where you can leave it up and come back to when ever your darn good and ready.

NOW, let's see something being built;-)

SFX
Old 06-20-2011, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
That's great! congratulations
I've always thought that aving a good workspace also influences the finished product. It's nice to have your own personal space.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Thanks all!

Swamp - just finished up a small one and have a couple to clear now that I can leave them set up. A stomp for my son and a tank I started about 5 years ago. After that I plan a partner build unless my brain fries when I hit the tracks and start the partner build earlier. Depends when Wyvern is ready too
Chris