PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-02-2011, 09:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Great Transformer movie!

Went to see Transformer Dark of the Moon. Wow! What a movie! I got my $8 worth! It is the best Transformer movie yet. Don't know how they can top this if they make a 4th. I hope they do, and keep it coming. I have to say tho, I miss Megan Fox in the Dark Moon. Rosie Huntington Whiteley's character is ok in the movie and didn't add much to the story. I wonder why they cast her? Eyes candy? I think Megan is much better looker then Rosie. And Megan's character would add much more spice in the movie then the character Rosie in. Other thing was, I don't recall the 1st and 2nd Transformer movie actual show so much people getting kill, if any. But in Dark Moon, people are getting kill by Decepticon left and right, body parts flying, bones and stuff. It was a shocker for me, I didn't expect to see that. The CG, is Great as usual! Really, really good CG and stunts. Story is great too! Again, I miss Megan's character in the movie. I wonder why Megan not in the cast? She don't what to do Transformer any more? Want too much money? Why Rosie over Megan? Cause Rosie is blonde? Megan is still a much better looker. Just my though.

Last edited by goodduck; 07-02-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 07-02-2011, 10:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Megan Fox told Michael Bay to take a hike during filming and found herself doing the walking...go figure...

Great to see that #3 in the series keeps it alive...
Old 07-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I loathed the first two movies. Loved the special effects though, even though the whole transforming thing is so ridiculous, they don't even try to make any sense of what they are doing. My son wanted to see the first won so bad, by around 1.5 hours into it, he asked my why were they transforming all the time? I explained it was because of the name of the movie, "The Transformers', he was around 7 at the time and you could get away with stuff like that. ("Battle Los Angeles" rocked though, worth renting).
Old 07-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I thought the second one was more about the effects than the (a?) story line...but some times the middle stories in a saga feel a little lame til the whole thing comes together...I'm not sure how 'into' the story I would be if I hadn't wasted a good chunk of the 80s on the cartoon version...
Old 07-03-2011, 12:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
I agreed, the the 1st is a bit weak and 2nd story line is a bit better, much more actions. And same for me too. If wasn't for the early cartoon. Maybe I will see it differently. But over all. It is the CG that's what I really want to see. I also looks at all three movies as a Cartoon even they are live actions films, if that make any sense.
Google Adsense
Old 07-03-2011, 06:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 709.4 KB
Saw it. it was ok. the one thing to keep in mind is that it IS Transformers, it didn't make sense as a kid, and its not really supposed to make sense now. I rather enjoyed the fact that Leonard Nimoy played a Bad Guy for one of the rare times in his career.

But I couldn't get the thought out of my head that Here I am watching another hollywood attempt to make a few bucks on the memories of the current generations childhood.....................

..............and i could have been watching Space Battleship Yamato, if ONLY it could be released here in the states. There are a few times, not many, but a few times that im not fond of living here. Damn

http://dented-rick.deviantart.com/
Old 07-03-2011, 07:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I just recently read a story that indicated that Executive Producer Steven Spielberg ordered Michael Bay to fire her,
which was as a result of her big mouth and delusional comments she made related to the first film.

Sorry, but shes proved her lack of intelligence over and over again in interviews
and her comments are never flattering to her or anyone around her.

Her part in the first film was nothing more than a little eyecandy
and filled a minor missing element (the star character having a girlfriend to worry about).
My opinion?: She was useless and her character was pointless to the storyline
and she is not very attractive anyway.

To be honest, I don't get it...
I personally don't share the idea that she is somehow a "goddess".
I have never found her very attractive so I have no problem with her being replaced!

All I know is, I painted an Autobots Tire Cover for this Jeep that was supposed
to be at the Los Angeles Transformers premiere and I'm still waiting for some photos!
!
Great Transformer movie!-autobots-cover-ii-01.jpg
Old 07-03-2011, 08:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
I would like to see a paper model of bumblebee in car form from the second and third movie that would nice to have
Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
@AirDave, "To be honest, I don't get it...
I personally don't share the idea that she is somehow a "goddess".
I have never found her very attractive so I have no problem with her being replaced!"

People considered her a Goddess, eeew! Ingrid Berman, Issabella Rosalinni, Teresa Wright, that's a good foundation, now, 7 more decades to go and I still don't see that chick fitting into it. The girl who was a "Transformer" Isabel Lucas (?)was prettier! Even then, she hasn't "aged" enough to find out for sure. Still think neither could hold a candle to Teresa Wright, who also was a great actress.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Watched it yesterday, thought it was quite good, but thought it was a bit weird when they blew the shuttle out of the sky, 1 week before the last real one launches. Discovery did fly out of the explosion in 1 piece though.

Also liked the first 2 movies, am I mad you ask, NO, don't forget these movies are about special effects(and aimed at kids) and the effects are good in all 3.

Also didn't Bay ask the designers to make the transformers actually fit into whatever they transformed into?
Google Adsense