PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
ugh....calm down, you just made me get glue on my fingers!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:07 PM

thanks for the motivation, ive got two sections of the rear fuselage done already....moving forward.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:27 PM

ok, break time....orange , thanks alot for your motivation, it means alot
Old 06-23-2012, 04:58 AM

Thanks for sharing why you model. You're right this is a supportive forum. I haven't noticed negative posts at all. I've seen some awesome builds on here and some that are, well not very good at all, but you never see anyone saying that's rubbish.
I guess in a way I have used modelling as a stress reliever for normal day to day life and to 'get away' from my worries for an hour or two. Always plenty of projects to do and always another stage to do in the current one.
I never see a build as finished. There is always more detail that can be added. The build could always be done better once you've done one, but I guess you have to accept that it is ok as it is.
Like they have said we can often only see the faults. Anyone else just sees and awesome model. I think if we could close our eyes and not see any of the build until we had finished we would go, wow, that's really good. Guess it's a bit like life. To the outsider what we have may look great, but we've experienced all the trouble and pain so know it's not perfect.

Good luck with your build. I hope it helps and you are able to accept that when you stop building it is finished. It will never be perfect, but it's done. Many people (myself included) spend too much time thinking about doing, but you are doing!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Why we build is more important than what we build or the result of our efforts. Someone earlier posted a link to a weekly talk by Mythbuster Adam Savage which I repeat here:

The As Yet Untitled Adam Savage Project #2 - Getting Started Making - 6/11/2012 - Tested

It's a pretty long video but he talks about not quitting because we don't like the quality of our first efforts.

Curt
Google Adsense
Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 PM

good point, i'm still battling some "ptsd" issues , but right now my physical injuries are what is jamming me up, but i got quite a bit done on my f-18 last night....just takes time i guess...
Old 06-23-2012, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
As a retired military guy, I have an appreciation of the challenges you must surmount. Allow me to suggest a more "cathartic" method of dealing with your frustrations. BE advised; you want to do this in an area that will not suffer further damage.

Instead of merely crumpling and grumbling, BURN THAT SOB! CURSE IT as it dies an inglorious death. STOMP on it to extinguish its smoldering embers.

Then, return to your computer and describe the problems you are having. We will share with you a number of techniques to solve the problem. Mine will, of course, be the best, but be patient with everyone. Learn....move on.

Oh, LAUGH at us, me, and yourself. Few, if any, of us have experienced what you have, but we all experience the frustration of things going not quite right.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:35 PM

Maj, that is the best advice I've ever heard........thank sir.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Maj, that is the best advice I've ever heard........thank sir.

You are more than welcome! Enjoy the day!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Eternal Member

Arrow "Seek Your Bliss"- Joseph Campbell

Josh: The one great thing about this hobby is that you can always set it aside and do something else, until you want to work on it again.

You do not have to be "perfect" (who among us is?) and KNOW that you have lots of friends here!! We learn from, and teach each other.

Major Davenport is right!

May you find "The Zone": where your head, heart and hands are all in the same place, and good things happen as a result.

I have my "issues" too. But "if your friends are there, then everything's all right"

Yer Canadian Bro
Jim