PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-18-2011, 06:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
What would you do?

So.... I come home from a long day at work and my wife tells me the following story. My cousin came over to day with his two toddlers and one of them just picked up your tank I think it's OK (BTW my building table is the kitchen table like most of I am sure out in the open for all to see) The tank in question is the Modelik King Tiger which is the one on the armor forum so about 85% done. I think my mind went blank into the realm of utter anger/fear that has no words. In slow motion with the word No........ drooling from my mouth I moved toward the tank. And thank what ever high power you believe in it was just fine but, in that moment I had the sinking feeling we all get when we realize something we have spent hundreds of hours on and is destroyed out of hand. I am a terrible buddhist and totally believe in impermanence but that would just suck! So, my question is what would you do if that happened to you? I am a pretty laid back guy but some very evil thoughts come to mind
Google Adsense
Old 09-18-2011, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
First, I feel your pain, that do suck to high heaven. Second, anything that left out in the open not put away is fair game. Specially, specially the Tiger that you spent hundreds of hrs on is included in the "fair game". You have no one to blame but yourself. Not your cousin kids but you. All on you. Put your stuff away when you not working on it. I always put away my stuff when I am not working on it. Not just to keep away from my kids but also any of their friends, my wife friends, my friends, my dog, my in-law, my in-law's friends, my in-law's dog, my neighbor, neighbor's dog, my neighbor's friends........ Lessons learned, put your stuff away next time. So, my answer to what I would do is "Put my crap away!" Looking forward to your next tiger build
Old 09-18-2011, 07:09 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Shoebox, put all your stuff in it, and put it on the highest possible location.

i have a couple of different shoeboxes with different models/genres in them, marked to indicate what is in them.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-18-2011, 07:15 PM

Oh I wholly heartedly agree with I always do but didn't know my wife had company coming and she didn't know what to do with it. My point I guess is this, for those of us who have kids, control your kids! Regardless if a model or anything I'd left out don't touch! I have an 8 yr. Old and she would NEVER touch anything at another persons house unless she had permission. So to recap I agree and always but my models away they aren't left out when we have company but parents have a responsibility, me included, control your kids, don't touch someone elses property! Anyway let's keep it light I was just curious where others minds go when they here a model they worked so hard may have been destroyed by happenstance
Old 09-18-2011, 07:20 PM

BTW the Tiger is fine no damage no fowel and yes to restate I DO but all my stuff away this was just a perfect storm of events so to speak and was just curious what goes through other peoples mind when such an event occurs
Google Adsense
Old 09-18-2011, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Besides letting the F bomb drop a few dozen times there's not too much you can do in a situation like that except learn from it. Keep your stuff high and dry when you are not working on it especially if your work space is in a busy part of the house. I guess if this happened to me I'd just box it all up and put it on the shelf for a while and move onto something else.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Totally with Allen on this...
Old 09-18-2011, 07:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Do what I do. Grab your copy of Mike Haggard's Federation type 2 Phaser, point it at the kid and make "pew-pew" noises.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:43 PM

I like point the phaser at the kid and making "phew-phew" sounds besides YES putting your model up high and dry then after the kids leaves maybe drowned my sorrows in a few beers
Old 09-18-2011, 07:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Let me tell you about Molly the paper eating dog from HELL...No it's my fault, I love Molly best dog I ever had.....Rich

What would you do?-100_1508.jpg