PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Life sized Mustang

Just found this on item on the net.

Brooklyn artist Jonathan Brand has constructed every single part of a 1969 Mustang coupe using nothing but paper.
The 31-year-old made a digital blueprint of the car and then printed it on a large-format inkjet printer.
Replica: The entire 1969 Mustang coupe has been made from paper, including the spark plugs, nuts and bolts, and radiatorThe different components were cut out and folded to make every single part of the car, right down to the nuts and bolts. The final work will not be assembled into an entire vehicle, but remain as separate pieces of art.
The vehicle is on display in an exhibition entitled 'One Piece at a Time' at the Hosfelt Gallery in New York City until October 29.Scroll down for videoExperience: Brooklyn artist Jonathan Brand has rebuilt three real vintage cars, including a Ford MustangCar door: The whole car has been replicated in great detail. It was inspired by a vintage Mustang that Mr Brand rebuilt
Tyres: Mr Brand printed the car pieces on an inkjet printer and then folded and glued them togetherIn gear: Mr Brand's grandfather worked on a car assembly line in Detroit and his uncle and cousins are mechanicsWheels: The car will not be fully assembled so that the individual parts can be properly appreciatedOn paper: The different components were cut out and folded to make every single part of the car
Take a seat: The car will not be driving anywhere because it is made completely from paperHorse power: The engine of the Mustange coupe has been meticulously reproduced using nothing but paperOn display: The replica car pieces are being exhibited at the Hosfelt Gallery in New York until October 29How it should look: Mr Brand owned a 1969 Ford Mustang until he sold it to pay for a diamond engagement ringThe car has special importance for the artist who spent five years restoring a real 1969 Mustang, which he sold to buy a diamond engagement ring.
Mr Brand's grandfather worked on a car assembly line in Detroit and his uncle and cousins are mechanics.
Google Adsense
Old 09-26-2011, 01:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
wowsers! That's sweet! Kinda link the full size Acura NSX model
Old 09-29-2011, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Just saw that on the model car board I go to amazing! Here's a link to it: The life-size replica 1969 Mustang car made from paper | Mail Online
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I only found the other thread after I posted. Wonder what sort of paper he is using.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
I'm baffled as to the point of the endeavor.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.33 MB
Well the article states he sold his real '69 Mustang to pay for a diamond engagement ring. So I'm thinking ....she told him to make one... and he did.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.28 MB
WOW, this is a perfect project.. if only i had the space, time and know how!!
Amazing!