PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 11-24-2011, 11:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
whats the big furry thing for?
wiping the glue off your fingers?
Remind me never to take a drink again before reading one of Dave's post. That almost made me spew all over my laptop. That was too funny.

Once I clean up my work area I will post a pic.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ah man, you've all got tables and chairs!!!!!

I'm curious as to whether having an area to work in has any relation to productivity.
Thing is my own productivity has all but stopped, sitting on the edge of an inflatable bed (on the floor) with a book as a work surface, really doesn't work as the ideal working environment, neck pains, and I keep falling asleep.....
Anyone else not have a work area?
Old 11-25-2011, 12:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Well mine's not quite all there right now.

But perhaps this should be under "other things we do and make". In this case a full quarter acre of mess.
Still in a few months, if I've got my design right (done in TurboCAD of course) my comp and bench will be back within a meter of where they were before.
Attached Thumbnails
Workshops, Design Studios and Man-Caves?-cop.jpg  
Old 11-25-2011, 01:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Since I opened my big mouth about showing workspaces at Dave's thread I guess I have to participate too. First pic shows my old space. It is in the corner of our family-room and nowadays dedicated for 'real work' only (I'm starting a home based business and needed 'an office' so to say.
The art-noveau stule cabinet still holds a part of my model collection and a selection of unbuilt kits.
The second picture shows the place for modelling (at least for now). It's in our basement and despite all the clutter and the fact it's a bit crowded with lots of stuff it's quite cosy place to be. It's warm, it's dry and it's away from everybody else - I think it qualifies as a man-cave. ;-)

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Workshops, Design Studios and Man-Caves?-old-workspace.jpg   Workshops, Design Studios and Man-Caves?-my-man-cave.jpg  
Old 11-25-2011, 03:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Okay here is my man cave/bedroom.

My desk is a little small and does get cluttered while I work so I did clean it for y'all. I do every thing at my desk from draw, do models, write, read, I am also a licensed HAM radio operator so it is also my radio station for talking to the International Space Station and also all around the world. I do wanna add an extension of 6 foot on the right hand side for more room but hadn't got around to it yet. I am also painting my desk all black but hadn't got around to finishing that yet either.

That is my cutting mat and before any one says any thing.....yes I need to get a new one. Under it is a 1/4 inch piece of glass that I use to cut every thing on but got tired of changing blades every 5 minutes.

My main monitor on top of my base station radio is the main one I use to search the web, the one above it I use for the ISS tracking and also when I am doing a build I have the instructions on it. I also have a laptop that I use when I am designing models and just being lazy and want to play on the web while laying in bed.

Other than that this is my little corner of what I call heaven, I am always at peace when I sit here and do the things I do.

Hope you enjoyed.
Attached Thumbnails
Workshops, Design Studios and Man-Caves?-dsc_0092.jpg   Workshops, Design Studios and Man-Caves?-dsc_0093.jpg   Workshops, Design Studios and Man-Caves?-dsc_0091.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-25-2011, 05:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
I keep a gallery for this purpose: Workplace And it still is that messy. Maybe even moreso...
Old 11-25-2011, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
These are some interesting workspaces. It's fun to see the places from which those excellent models emerge.

Quoth Dave: "whats the big furry thing for? wiping the glue off your fingers?"

Not only that, but she is also the one who actually does the writing, transmitting the words to me through my hand, See image 2. She is a sort of mews.

Don
Old 11-25-2011, 07:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
This is great! Keep 'em coming!
I am so glad many of you have decided to show us your clutter.
Its the best kind of clutter...its creative clutter.
I guaranty DaVinci's workshop was a mess all the time!
Although I am not saying your workspaces are cluttered.
In fact I think you all seem fairly well organized.
And if this thread prompted you to clean up a little, then your Wives can thank me too!

Thanks guys for joining in.

Inky, thats my kind of work station!

Tappi...you seem a little too cramped there.

Don... "mews" [groan]...as always, a pleasure to joke with you!
I will have to admit, if I was forced to own a Cat, I'm sure it would be just like y........no, I wouldn't...give your head a shake! sheesh!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Tappi...you seem a little too cramped there.
I'm working 1/250 so it goes fine with that. Last model was about 4cm long. :D
Old 11-25-2011, 09:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
My man cave

I'm lucky enough to have a second bedroom that I use as my man cave. The models are mostly plastic (Heretic! Heretic!) because I've been building plastic for 45 years while I only discovered card modeling about six years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Workshops, Design Studios and Man-Caves?-100_0504.jpg   Workshops, Design Studios and Man-Caves?-100_0505.jpg   Workshops, Design Studios and Man-Caves?-100_0506.jpg   Workshops, Design Studios and Man-Caves?-100_0508.jpg  
Google Adsense