PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-13-2012, 08:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Keep hanging in there Corey. Though it is an ordeal now, soon enough it will hopefully be just a distant memory. BTW winter, what winter? The blue ridge mountains got nothing but rain since December and we saw our first daffodils here on groundhog day! Of course now spring is really bustin' out all over. Today we had tourists in front of our house taking photos of the Bradford Pear trees.

Curt
Old 03-14-2012, 11:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Hang in there Corey!

Bart
Old 03-21-2012, 02:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Well I am on a high this week (week following Chemo 3) and doing well. I finally started a kind of routine with my pain pills. I use them in a limited manner, mostly before sleep or after activities that required a lot of movement. I have also been getting along well with Amber, my 20yo step daughter, for the first time. We have spent years ignoring each other at best, or butting heads at worst! So the change in her has been a God sent!

So all seems well. The only bummer is the transmission went on our 2003 trail blazer. We will struggle to come up with the $1700 needed to get the car (a generally dependable and well kept up vehicle) rolling again. With me still limited in work, it will be a challenge but I will put my trust in God, he has pulled me kicking and screaming along this far, so this will work out.

My veins are holding out good, and the medication seems to be working, so I smile!

Thank you to all!
CT
Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Thanks for the update, Corey. Glad to her some things are going right for you. Sorry to hear about the auto, though.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
God will see you through. I just had the transmission rebuilt on my 1996 Impala SS. If you want to hear a story on answered prayer, PM me

Take care
Google Adsense
Old 03-22-2012, 08:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 205.52 MB
Morning CT
Glad you are having a good week and I believe that alot of prayers are being answered in regard to your present situation. Remain positive and upbeat and through faith and friends all things can be overcome. Take care.
Joe
Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Just a quick update for those who wish to know. Monday I start chemo session 5 out of 12. I have been given pain killers and some good antibiotics to attack the secondary infections. Progress. My blood counts are good and my weight has stabilized at between 179 and 185 pounds. (Christmas I was at a chubby 207!). My left arm is still with out strength and has limited range of motion. But thats a fight for another day. So, progress. One session at a time. Five days of needles and weakness then back to recovery for two weeks. then on to session six. I might just make it!

Thank you all for your thoughts and words.

CT
Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
I'm grateful your treatment is progressing well Corey my friend.
May all continue well with you, and may recovery in it's due time be full and swift.

Kind and Respectful Regards Corey my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct ertz View Post
... my weight has stabilized at between 179 and 185 pounds. (Christmas I was at a chubby 207!). ....

CT
I could stand to lose some weight, too, Corey, but I'd try Nutrisystem before your method! The treatment sounds as much of a drag as using your X-Acto knife to cut the grass. Still, if this is the only way to attain any progress, that's what you must do. Please stick with it, despite the pain and tedium. We all want you back to 100 percent just as soon as possible.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 128.43 MB
I wish you you a speedy recovery and looks forward to the news about!
Best wishes for Joe
Google Adsense