PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-09-2012, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
Red Tails ?

I have not seen this movie yet, but from the bright and breezy trailers it looks like Tuskegee Airmen play Flight Simulator.
Google Adsense
Old 01-09-2012, 05:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I hope it is good. So many 'historical" movies suck, and do no good for us who like history.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 36.39 MB
I'm with ct on this one. A lot of historical fiction movies usually end up being a flop. Then again, the movie theaters aren't making enough money to keep going. Mainly because of the high ticket prices. Where I live, to get into the fancy, schmacny directors hall, it's $22 for ONE ticket. And honestly, the regular theater has better seats, better sound, and more room for yourself and others. But back on topic, Red Tails looks like a promising movie. From the trailers i've seen, it looks well directed, excellent cast, good set design, great acting, and has a very realistic feel to it. It's defiantly a movie I'll want to go and see. (As long as I'm not wasting $15 to watch complete crap)

Spacemen1969
Old 01-09-2012, 05:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I hope you are right Spaceman1969!
I will be upset if I pay for another "Thin Red Line"!
CT
Old 01-09-2012, 06:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
the only complaint I have with these kind of movies is how the actual people are characterized or over acted by the professionals,.. I once had the privilege to talk to the pilot of the memphis belle and he cringed every time someone asked about the movie,..

I guess it has to be suped up to make drama and ticket sales,.. the actual people must wince,..
Google Adsense
Old 01-09-2012, 06:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Someone need to teach Hollywood how aircraft fly...from what I'v seen in the trailers they have planes doing stuff not possible, it's so sad the way they have aircraft fly NEVER looks real....Rich
Old 01-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
So just build some of their planes instead Its much cheaper and many more hours of enjoyment!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
So just build some of their planes instead. Its much cheaper and many more hours of enjoyment!
Ahh, how MERCHANT! --Ahh, how TRUE!!

And if there's anything left over after you visit ECards--for the cost of a couple of tickets, HERE'S a read worth reading: "Pappy" Gunn (isn't that a name made for Hollywood?) was a real hero of the Pacific War, and this bio written by his son actually backs up the author's starry-eyed text with fact.

Better than a night at the movies.

'Duster
Old 01-09-2012, 07:51 PM

I, for one, think this movie looks bad. As was already mentioned, they fly like in flyboys, and like my dad says "like f-16s"
Old 01-09-2012, 08:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
yep, the CG guys doing the flight scenes ruined this one, by the looks of the trailer. you can loop a P51, or hammerhead stall one, but you can't combine the manuevers. i'll see it on cable for free eventually. the story IS worth telling, the movie doesn't look worth paying for...