PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-27-2012, 02:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.99 MB
I wouldn't say that's the group that downloads pirated material the most, but I do think it's the one that uploads the most (outside of YouTube, image, and social media sites at least--the people mostly uploading copyrighted content to those don't seem to realize it's wrong.)
Old 01-28-2012, 05:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
Admitting piracy wont do well here!!! Complaing that this site supports PIRACY i guarantee wont get you rewarded here!!!! Neither justifies doing so!!!! Capitalism works......Sometimes it doesnt look like it, like in Austrasilia maybe but it does work! What i want to know is why the LAW didnt do anything about those terrible capitalist twisting everybodies arm literaly to pay those inflated game prices??? What also bothers me is the ease at which hotfile and a few others were able to remove pirated content without waiting to get shut down...why did the others not do as these and avoid the shut down?

Last edited by OhioMike; 01-28-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
While I am straying from my original post, I think one lesson from the Megapload take down is that one needs to approach cloud computing and online back up as one's only back up or only date storage site with extreme caution.
There probably were a few legitimate users backing up with, and sharing files through Megaupload who lost their files because Megaupload was also used by copyright violators, and the entire site was indiscriminately taken down.
The best offsite backup is probably sending your data on encrypted DVDs to several trusted friends and relatives around the county or around the country to store for you. In other words storage on physical media at multiple widely distributed trusted sites as well as on line storage for convenience.
About post #20, Bill Gates came out very early as an opponent of piracy and the open source model of software creation back in the days of the Home Brew Computer Club.