PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-18-2012, 02:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I am ashamed to be Italian

Yes! I am ashamed to be Italian due to poor figure who made the captain of Concordia. For the uninitiated, in Italy, a cruise ship is wrecked, Concordia fact, What we can accept is the human error but to escape their responsibilities, NO! I felt the communication between the captain and the chief of rescue operations and the drama of the event, almost put me to laugh at the way the captain abandoned the sinking ship while they were still many passengers on board. Sorry but not everyone is so cowardly! Sorry for the outburst.

Marco
Currently Building: RN Zara 1:400
Google Adsense
Old 01-18-2012, 02:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Marco, no need for you to be ashamed to be Italian. It is one man who shamed himself by his actions, the nationality does not matter.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:31 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Hello Marco,
You do not need to be ashamed.
No nation is free of bad characters.
You represent Italy well on this forum with your great work and the kindness and courtesy you have shown to everyone.
I'm glad you are here.
Mike
Old 01-18-2012, 02:37 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Vado a Bordo, Cazzo!

I like the T-Shirt that's popular in Italy right now:

"Vado a Bordo, Cazzo!'"

+Gil
Old 01-18-2012, 03:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
No need to be. Plenty of your countrymen acted heroically that night.

I know people have died. But the transcript between the captain and coast guard is really quite funny.

Tim
Google Adsense
Old 01-18-2012, 03:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 130.59 MB
Cowardice doesn't know a nationality, it's a state of being.

There is no need to assume the burdens of another man's faults.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:32 PM

I thank you all for your words of comfort but for us italian it seems that everything goes wrong. First the smiles of Merkel and Sarkozy, the BungaBunga of Berlusconi and now this idiot! All attitudes are not a lot of positive publicity

Marco
Currently Building: RN Zara 1:400
Old 01-18-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalmox View Post
There is no need to assume the burdens of another man's faults.
I wish I could respond with some joke about Liberal Democrats here, but we are a multilingual site and I do not know how it would translate.

We recently had an accident in the New York waterways, where a ferry captain apparently was asleep and alone in the pilothouse. In both these cases, it looks like what was at fault is a lack of professional behavior: the routine of the JOB takes over the honor of the PROFESSION, and things get lax. And then get very wrong.

I built watercraft and sailed & paddled in my own works for decades; and before stepping off land, I always reminded myself I was going into a place foreign to my species--this wasn't only a little afternoon's recreation, it was serious business in a hostile environment I wasn't evolved for.

By profession, I'm an engineer, a tool and die maker. We in this business know there will be failures in the things we make, it's how we learn to make better ones--and there is only one correct answer to what failed: "MY watch; MY fault."

From all appearances, Captain Schettino has lapsed in both these responsibilities. Still, only he will truly bear the burden for what has been lost. Whether he recognizes that truth--well, that depends on what kind of human he is.

'Duster (Liberal Democrat)

--While I was posting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1971 View Post
I thank you all for your words of comfort but for us italian it seems that everything goes wrong.
You're still not alone, Marco: look at the shouting going on here over our Presidential campaign--shouting that began almost the week our current President was elected, and I know that the moment the next Election ends we will start a new cycle for 2016. Listening to my countrymen reduce ideas both fine and not-so-fine to strategic phrases to club others with--I am ashamed to say I am a thinking American.

Yet we both claim as our own, countries that have birthed some of the greatest ideas in this world's history. It's just easy to forget that when so many are shouting so loud, so DUMB.

Be encouraged: people will survive this, and much more, to be shouting at each other over something else many generations hence.

'D

Last edited by Hudsonduster; 01-18-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 128.43 MB
Dear Marco!
The fault is not Italian.
Italy was Don Bosco, St. Francis of Assisi, etc.
The captain was irresponsible people.
Delaware River in Philadelphia in 2010, two young Hungarians died meg. My compatriots.
The helmsman in your computer and mobile ... The responsibility of the helmsman, not the Americans!
Joe

My own boat-building:
Attached Thumbnails
I am ashamed to be Italian-p1000868.jpg  
Old 01-18-2012, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
S--t happens Marco. Do you recall Edward John Smith?
Google Adsense