PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 36.39 MB
Tragedy strikes

Hello everyone, I can't believe i'm saying this, but my uncle Bell AKA Evan, just passed away from injuries sustained in a horrible car accident. My Uncle Bell died at 6:27 P.M. EST at St. Vincent's Memorial Hospital.

If your wondering why I call him "Bell", it's because he was a former helicopter pilot for Bell. And he loves all types of Bell merchandise. The most vivid memory of Uncle Bell and me was when I was 7 when we went are are first fishing trip together. I caught 4 fish and he didn't get a single one. I just still can't believe he's gone.

As I type this, a tear rolls down my cheek, and thinking back to the times when he was still with us and all the good times we had together. I remember when he introduced to papercraft. My first model was a FG MiG-15. Then we worked together on a FG B-24. Those were the days....

Anyway, to anyone who would want to donate money for a funeral, your money would be respectfully declined. Are family has had money saved up for all are family member's funeral's since we were basically born. I don't really know why, but I guess it's something that runs in the family.

Everyone here at Paper Modelers has been so nice to me and my Uncle Bell. I plan on taking over his account, so don't worry about Spacemen1969 disappearing for good. I know this is what he would have wanted.

To commemorate him and what he's done for everyone here and in my family, i'm going to do a custom re-paint of his favorite jet, the MiG-15. I'm gonna do that tomorrow. And anyone who would like to contribute to my family, such as doing a re-paint of the MiG-15, please send them to my e-mail, astronautman20 AT gmail DOT com. Me and my family would really appreciate it. It'll help reduce the pain of his passing.

Until next time, good luck, have fun, and happy modelling.

Jarrod,
Spacemen1969

Last edited by 3Turner; 01-27-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: chagned email to prevent spambot harvesting.
Google Adsense
Old 01-27-2012, 06:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Jarrod and Family:
My prayers are with you in this time of loss. I too have a link to Bell Helecopter, My father was the Cheif of the Labs and held the Rotor blade pattents.
MILES LINNABERY
Old 01-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
So sorry to hear of your loss {our loss too} A real tragedy. My thoughts are with you and all members of the family. God Bless.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
No words, just may God Bless you and your family. So sorry for your loss.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
My prayers are with you and your family, Evan will be missed.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
I am so very, very sorry for your tragic and unexpected loss. I pray God guides you and your family through this dark period and blesses you with his grace to comfort you during this time of extreme sadness.

Jim
Old 01-27-2012, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Sorry to hear about your uncle. Thoughts are with you and family.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Terrible tragedy. Your model sounds like an appropriate memorial for a pilot from a model-building nephew.

Don
Old 01-27-2012, 08:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Wow. That's never a fun experience to go through. I'm sorry for your loss of close friend and family member. He will surely live on here. Best Wishes.

Willygoat
Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
My Condolences to you and your family on the passing of your Uncle Evan, Jarrod.

May the memories of the happy times he shared with yourself and family guide and steady you all throughout the necessary times to follow.

Kind and Respectful Regards Jarrod, Uyraell.
Google Adsense