PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-08-2012, 08:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
I got back on ... well, not the horse that threw me, but A horse, at least. I started another model, the "Imp", also from the Unofficial World of Warcraft Papercraft site. Yeah, I'm on a figures obsession right now, along with quick vintage models in between to keep my energy levels up. Tonight I expected to go to a meeting, but the weather was just perfect for modeling (cold, nasty. sleety, wintry mix rain), so we stayed home and I got a half hour of cutting, scoring, and gluing in after supper. Sorry, no pictures (same problems as before), but I got the little guy's left foot done. And, actually, looking at him again after a couple of days, Raven God doesn't look TOO bad (though I stiLL wish he'd gone better).

Anne

P.S. Don -- Oh, yes, I remember the water damaged model. Actually, that's not the kind of award I'm trying for, but I'll take what I can get. I've dropped enough hints by now that you've probably figured out what my next theme is (I know you're curious).
Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks like there will be plenty of paper model riches at the McCombs table in October!

Don
Old 02-09-2012, 12:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amccombs3 View Post
Now, I know this is exquisitely trivial compared to our members who are facing REAL problems, such as personal or family illness or grave economic woes (and those of you in distress, please be assured that you are in my thoughts, even though I've been mostly lurking lately). This is just a model that was beyond me -- and, who knows, if I tried again I might be able to work out the kinks. (I reprinted many parts as it was.) But we're all modelers here, and I figure this is the one place where most folks will understand the frustration.
Hey, there!

Problems like the ones you are having are the reason for this forum in the first place! The fact that we are able to share... "non-paper" concerns here as well speaks volumes about the character of the characters here.

Wish I could offer suggestions, can't think of anything different than what others have said.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
So far I've been fortunate. Only 3 projects have ended up in the bin. Well, two in the bin, and one was set on fire ...