PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 07:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Ah, still no word. Does anyone have personal connections with Krys? It's really sad to see a US Based Papermodel Vendor go under (The last US one huh? At least for physical, pre-printed kits?)

As for Kartonmodelleshop, I just ordered from them, and they are extremely great to deal with. All my experiences with European vendors are excellent as well - though the shipping of course costs an arm sometimes. (I found Kartonmodelleshop charged pretty low shipping as compared to others, however, their kit pricing is kinda up there).
Old 02-15-2012, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
I just checked a moment ago, papermodelstore.com is back up.
Wayne
Old 02-15-2012, 05:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
The site is back up, but shows no activity in the way of new merchandise. For a while there, I was in hopes that maybe the site was down to update it for added stock.....not to be, I guess.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
I have been emailing or on the phone with various U.S. vendors for the last week or so. One of the reasons there is no updates with paper model store is because no one has been buying his stock (something I will shortly be rectifying on my end) and as it is a bit pricey to import more when no one seems interested....
Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORMAN View Post
One of the reasons there is no updates with paper model store is because no one has been buying his stock
That is actually quite interesting. I can think of quite a few reasons of this.
I think a simple truth works here: if one doesn't update his wares, it's hard to lure customers to shop at all. I suspect, a lot of PMS old customers turned to European retailers to buy any new releases. The economic climate may play a role as well.

There is also another reason, it seems. Much more profound. It's my personal conclusion based on observation of English paper modeling forums for the last few years.
It's quite fascinating to observe a proliferation of easy and quick designs available in a digital form. There would be nothing wrong with that by itself, if that would translate in more interest for more advanced designs, which are usually offered by pre-printed kits. A natural (at least to me) progression from simple kits (let's be honest, such are most of the digital ones with maybe one exception - GreMir models) to more advanced (pre-printed) is broken, at least in North America. There is this culture of paper models being relaxing and fun toys rather than true scale models. As a community, we don't really care if people new to the hobby advance in their craft. Even more experienced modelers seem not to care much about their own progression in skills. One doesn't have to be even a decent paper modeler to enter a prestigious realm of paper designers <rolling eyes>.
Frankly, as much as this saddens me, in the long run there is no place for Krys' store. His base of customers doesn't get any bigger, only smaller.
Google Adsense
Old 02-16-2012, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 15.61 MB
Here's my 2 cents...I e-mailed Papermodelstore before I placed my order to Germany to see if he could get the kits I was interested in. I never even received a response! Customer service counts for something!

Russ
Old 02-16-2012, 05:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Have just emailed about placing and order so will see what comes of it...
Old 02-16-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFleischman View Post
Here's my 2 cents...I e-mailed Papermodelstore I never even received a response! Customer service counts for something!
You're right of course, Russ.
The older PMS customers know that Krys is pretty bad at "customer service". This is part of the folklore of this place, LOL. That's said, I've never had any problems with my orders. If for some reason Krys didn't have particular kit I ordered I always received a prompt refund. The kits always arrived safely packed, and delivery was fast.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:50 PM

sent email at 6PM today and got response in hour,Kris wrote store is working. I placed order and got email confirmation.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:15 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Krys...,

I order from Krys often and have always had a positive experience...,

+Gil
Google Adsense
Closed Thread