PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-12-2012, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Smile Where to get.

Well,I am glad for this .I have to get something off my chest.When PMI went under,that left a LARGE gap for availability of papermodels of any kind.Who,s stepped up to the plate(old baseball term ,that )? I mean someone that can be depended on to sell me what I want.I can,t bounce all over the globe trying to find this stuff. HELP!!!! PAPERSURPRISE50
Google Adsense
Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Not an expert on where to get stuff, but I've had good luck with papermodelstore. He hasn't updated much of his stock recently, but for what he has his service is excellent. Usually receive the order in 3-4 days.

Trying my first overseas order right now with GPM since they will take credit cards...don't do PayPal.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:52 PM

They do, Whusley. GPM takes Paypal.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
I think Whulsey means he doesn't do Paypal

But yeah, papermodelstore would be a good source for printed kits. However, like Whulsey pointed out, Kryz hasn't updated his stock - and unfortunately doesn't seem like he will.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:57 PM

I misread him, sorry...
Google Adsense
Old 04-12-2012, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
No, it's fine, it happens to everyone (In fact, I was thinking the same thing, then went to GPM to check).

I've had luck with Kartonmodelleshop - but the Euro to USD will surely make one run for the hills. The shipping isn't as much as I'd expect, runs around $20-30 on an order of some 10-12 kits.

Papel3d is great to work with as well. I find they are best with English as compared to European shops - save for Marcel's in the UK of course. However, their pricing also makes me shed tears - last time I paid shipping from there was around 50 euro - and I spent 190 euro for some 7 kits. Not pretty prices!

The more I look at it, the electronic paper models are becoming more tasteful in terms of product value to monetary value than physical printed kits.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
PMI is still in business and taking orders despite the legacy website. See this thread from February:

PMI in business?