PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-18-2012, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Smile In Appreciation.

Valentine's Day but lately passed, it occurred to me a word or two might be said about the recent and welcome influx of women members to our forum.

I noticed a couple days ago one male member had expressed his view that the presence of the fairer gender "brought balance" to the forum, and his thought prompted this thought I am about to express.

To each of you women who have joined us here and share in and enjoy our hobby:

Thank you for your skilled talents, your warmth, kindness, and participation.

I am certainly glad you women are here with us men, and appreciate your welcome presence.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friends, Uyraell.
Google Adsense
Old 02-18-2012, 09:25 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Hear, hear!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm not sure, obviously, and I don't mean to discourage you from being nice and respectful, obviously, but women might not really want us to draw too much attention to their gender - we're all equally anonymous, and it's possible that the fuss that mentioning it can cause online might be what keeps them away, or at least not tell everyone that they are women.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
I had thought of that same point, Haereticus.
However, I felt that, in balance, a gentle note expressing appreciation might be considered acceptable.

Obviously there are some women who prefer to go unacknowledged as to their gender.
I have known men who had the same ethic regarding their own gender.

In the end, I felt that any error in making the mention would be redeemed by the tone it was given in.
I also felt that a genteel expression of appreciation should be made.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

It sure makes me feel better knowing that the fairer sex are amongst us - they keep us on our toes
Google Adsense
Old 02-18-2012, 08:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Gentlemen, (and i use that term deliberately), speaking as one of the women participants, I appreciate your gracious comments in the spirit intended, and add that in this forum at least I have had no concern about inappropriate comments or harassment. And Valentine's Day is a nice time to express such welcoming sentiments.

Anne
Old 02-19-2012, 03:44 AM
Eternal Member

I think we have some great people here men and women and even younger people who come here to find out tips to help with this hobby. That is the way it should be its a hobby and it kind of reminds me of our family lego Bucket when I was small brothers and sisters in the room building lego there was no sign on the lego this is for boys or Grils and even if some boys thought lego was a boys type of gift my sisters and cousins sure never took notice of that just like my mother still has that huge old plastic paint bucket for storing the lego today and her grandchildren play with the same lego we done so a long long time ago. Some of them blocks in that bucket are over fifty years old and still been played with by my nephews and neices as she minds them after school. Before anyone goes what fifty year old lego blocks been played with what of germs My Mother washes them blocks every month in washing up liquid and then dettol to make sure they are not carrying any germs. I would think there is lots of grandmothers and fathers who do the exact same thing and have that bucket of lego bricks that they bought over the years for their sons and daughters and now the sons and daughters of them very first recipiants play with them.

I kind of went off the subject of the thread there but alas that is me always thinking of other things about my youth lately
Old 02-19-2012, 10:50 AM

Certainly I didn't mean to equate this thread with the kind of inappropriate comments you could expect if you revealed yourself to be female while, for instance, playing on Xbox Live! I hope this forum is a welcoming environment to all who enter it in the right spirit!