PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-26-2012, 05:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 129.82 MB
As my first name is very unfamiliar to foreign tongues, I always use a nickname internationally.
My nickname (in German) was given to me by some schoolmates when they learned of my hobby back in the fifties of the 20th century. I've been a captain since - but not of ships - in the Federal German Army - AND after that moved a lot of paper around.
My Avatar is my family's coat of arms.
Kind regards,-
Papercaptain
Old 02-26-2012, 06:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Wow, this thread just became one of my favorites, almost as good as the papermodeler one...

first intial, last name, and my favorite glider to draw attention away from my photo.

Mike
Old 02-26-2012, 07:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
I use a nickname given me in Prague, I sign my posts with my Finnis nickname (Tappi) and my full name is Tapani Huovinen. My avatars change according to my moods. Current one is a white hole (A white hole, in general relativity, is a hypothetical region of spacetime which cannot be entered from the outside, but from which matter and light may escape). ;-)

BR Tappi
Old 02-26-2012, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.66 MB
Pat_craft comes from Patrick and Craft, not very original.
I don't know if it sounds well, or logical, in english but in french it's a bit exotic and modern with the "craft" part !

My actual avatar is an appletree in front of a house where I go as often as I can in the Cantal (the volcanic region in France). It is compose with several pictures for an Hochney effect.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
This is a cool thread.. username just a takeoff of my name, and the avatar is me on a custom bike that a guy let me take my picture with up on the Santa Monica Pier. Had that 50's look that I like, plus was in way better shape then my cruiser that looks if it was found in an alley.. (it was found in an alley..)
Google Adsense
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Apollo 12 was struck by lightning shortly after launch which resulted in the loss of communications and telemetry which would cause the mission to be aborted. A NASA flight controller named John Aaron recalled seeing the same problems during a test a year prior to the launch and remembered that setting the Signal Conditioning Equipment (SCE) system to Aux fixed the problem so he relayed the message "Flight, try SCE to Aux". It worked.
SCEtoAux seemed like a good nickname.

The avatar is something from a Simpsons web page. It looks kind of like me, except for the yellowish skin tone. Funny thing is, I never watched an episode of The Simpsons.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB
love the personal insights. my nick is my old online gaming handle. my avatar is self explanitory.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Great idea for a thread!

I've used "cMags" as my internet handle for a number of years, sometimes appending "613" if for some reason I find cMags already taken. It's simply a combination of my first initial and last name (Chris Magnell). I've used this name since the near beginning of the internet (as it is today anyway - not the early versions like arpanet etc. - since around the mid-late 90's).

My avatar is currently still set as the label from a bourbon I enjoy. I discovered this bourbon while reading the book "To Fly and Fight" by Clarence (Bud) Anderson after building a model of his P-51D Mustang "Old Crow". (I built a second one - his P-51B "Old Crow" later.) It turns out that he had named the plane (actually most of his planes - a P-39 Airacobra, a couple Mustangs, and a F-105 Thud that I know of) after the bourbon. I always enjoyed a glass of whiskey anyway, and found Old Crow to be very drinkable.

I plan on building the Airacobra and Thud in Anderson's liveries at some point soon - the Airacobra is available already on Ecardmodels as a Marek repaint (forget whose), and the Thud I'm gonna have to repaint myself.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 02-26-2012, 08:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
My nickname is my initials, but it can also stand for "wild *** guess" which is sometimes how I measure things when I get impatient. My avatar is a Curtiss Hawk biplane, which I think is one of the prettiest aircraft ever built.
Wayne
Old 02-26-2012, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
My involvement with the internet began in what are known as IRC (Internet Relay Chat) rooms. For a couple of years my nic was "Augen", which German speakers among you will know means "Eyes".
However, I also write poetry from time to time, and published some of my poems under the name ^Uyraell^. Eventually, I got tired of switching nics (a "trace-able" function in IRC) to prove I am ^Uyraell^, and simply took the name as My "Main-nic".
I have been either ^Uyraell^ or Uyraell ever since, which is to say, for many years now.
My avatar thus becomes self-explanatory. The "Angel of Death" (what most folks call "The Grim Reaper" in various languages) is in fact Two ArchAngels, who are Twins: Asrael, who Harvests/Reaps the Souls, and Uriel, who Transports those same Souls.

The image of Asrael showing the Path to a watching Soul seemed appropriate as an avatar, and has been my avatar since I began to join online Forae.
The way I spell Uyraell is closer to the linguistic original than is the Latin spelling, Uriel.
For this reason, I did not employ the Latin spelling.

Those who may be interested in my poems may PM me for the url.
I advise though: while a 10 year-old could read them and find no offensive word therein, I would not permit someone that young to read them. Many cover themes which this modern world would frown upon, and are about experiences decidedly adult of nature. Take this as both polite note of caution, and warning to those who are not at ease with such topics.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friends, Uyraell.
Google Adsense