PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-08-2012, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
My unexpected Easter Blessing

Well, we have unexpected company for Easter and the next couple of days. Strangers to me. People who are in need.

This young couple, one being 20 and the other a couple years older, lost their home last Friday and Saturday night the young woman was in the hospital with a miscarriage. She also has type 1 diabetes. After leaving the hospital this morning, they were dropped off by a friend at our church for Sunrise Service. Sad, broken, and with no family to turn to, the young man approached our pastor for help.

Our church is great and our pastor can help the kids, but not by tonight, or even tomorrow. He can get them a more permanent place to stay and regroup in three days to a week, but what to do with them now. Enter, my wife.

Tera called and asked my thoughts, and you know I was not about to leave two kids out in the cold if we could help it. So, for the next week Tera and I are in the living room, and we gave our bedroom with it's privet bathroom to them to use. The church opened it's food pantry for us to make our tight food budget stretch for two more mouths. Now, our church and Pastor just need to come through on that new place!

So, this is our chance to be a blessing to others, as so many have been a blessing to me and my family. It makes my Easter even more special.

Corey
Old 04-08-2012, 04:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
How wonderful of you and your family to share so much with strangers in such need. It makes my eyes well up.
God bless you.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Perfect Easter timing! Give the guy a new hobby, too!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:13 PM

I have many folks who have been such blessings to me and my family, many who I have never even seen face to face. Others who I have met, like Cliff Button and his wonderful family, opened their doors to me and my wife in our time of need in Texas, although we had never met prior. So this is our chance to take a small risk and "do for others". These kids are down on their luck and maybe, with a little guidance from our church and a lot of help from Jesus they will get righted again, and back on a good path. I would love to see them still together in a solid marriage, in a home of their own and fully employed (or in school) next Easter. That is my prayer for them.

CT
Old 04-08-2012, 04:15 PM

And Charles, I have already been showing him ecardmodels and my model builds (that I have left). "That's really paper?" Never get old hearing that!
CT
Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
God bless you CT! We need more like you!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:21 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
What a God stop moment. Thank you for caring Corey! Your returned blessings will be seven times seven times what you've done.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Well done. Well done.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Corey, a very moving read, here.
May Many Good Blessings come to your wife, your family, and yourself.

It takes a special kind of human warmth these days, and a certain type of strength of heart to extend care and kindness in the manner you and your wife have.

Kina and Respectful Regards Corey my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:00 PM

Folks, my blessings continue. I had a wonderful evening with our guests and a good meal of hamburgers and hotdogs. A lady from our church also contacted us and made another offer of food and meat from the church pantry, if we need it. As long as our pastor comes through with a place for these guys, and I do not doubt him, then all will be well. It has been a true blessing to pass along the good will that has been shown to me. Also, on a religues note, the young lady was "saved" last Thursday at our church. Before they bottomed out completely, they just happened to wander into our church during Thursday evening service. She knew she was having trouble with her pregnancy and she knew that they were in trouble with their home. Our pastor talked with her for a long while then prayed with her longer. She gave herself over to Christ right there. For those friends of mine who are not Christian you may not fully understand how big a deal this was for all involved, but it was!

CT