PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-22-2012, 09:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Missing Apollo Model

Well my friend who is an elementary teacher at a public school borrowed my Apollo model. This was the command module with the escape shroud, tower etc. etc.

Well apparently it caught the attention of some young future paper modeler who decided to liberate it from the confines of gravity at the school. I am very happy to lose it. I would have gladly given it to him anyway, it will be interesting to see if he comes clean sometime in the future. One can only hope that this leads him to the hobby where he can learn some things...
Google Adsense
Old 09-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Would have hoped for more overt interest - but it gets it off the shelf and out into circulation ...

Yogi (glass half full ... of adult beverage of choice?)
Old 09-22-2012, 10:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Glad a young one is interested, but, too bad they stole it! Hopefully the parents will do the right thing when they see it.

What age group?

This could turn into a good teaching point. Would be easy to have the guilty party to build their own as punishment.

They would learn how hard it is to make and at the same time enjoy the rewards of a build.

Mike
Old 09-23-2012, 06:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_for_now View Post
Would have hoped for more overt interest - but it gets it off the shelf and out into circulation ...

Yogi (glass half full ... of adult beverage of choice?)
That's the same outlook I took, better to be appreciated than gathering dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Glad a young one is interested, but, too bad they stole it! Hopefully the parents will do the right thing when they see it.

What age group?

This could turn into a good teaching point. Would be easy to have the guilty party to build their own as punishment.

They would learn how hard it is to make and at the same time enjoy the rewards of a build.

Mike
Fifth graders, I've thought about an after school interest group but the system makes it tough on anyone who interacts with kids, no complaints about that, they need tough rules in this society, but zero tolerance policies make sharp tools out of the question...