PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Haven't seen the movie yet. But the reasons that move me to see it are the same ones that move not to see it: -It's Aliens,and -It's Ridley Scott:
I love Aliens, but I'm still sceptical about the storyline.
I do love the first Ridley Scott films. But I haven't liked any of his films in the last twenty years, which are very different to his early works.
In any case it looks like it's a great visual exercise. Will probably watch it next week.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 967.02 MB
i was really hoping for something good when i went to see it the first Alien was terrifying, Aliens was a great action movie. but this one kind of fell flat for me, there just wasn't enough thrill in it to keep me on the edge of my seat. the visuals were stunning, the acting was good, the story was OK. it was a good matinee show, i don't think i would have paid full price for it.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.02 MB
Was anybody else shocked at the utter incompetence of the "scientific" team? Sure, take you helmets off while in an unexplored alien structure, don't test for bio hazards, handle an alien corpse without respiratory protection, your android randomly open doors and says "oopps", play with unknown alien life forms, don't decon when returning to the ship, you may be infected by something but don't tell your teammates, two of your team wanders off and no one notices they didn't take a vehicle back to the ship, store your unidentified alien artifact in the freezer so anyone can open it up, examine an infected alien head in open air without a glove box, and on and on....

Did anyone else catch what Vickers said about flying half a billion miles from the nearest male? So they flew to a star system just beyond the orbit of Jupiter.
Bad science makes my head hurt.....
papermodelers (at) pembertontechnologies (dot) com
Old 06-20-2012, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is a modeling forum, right? Forget about storyline, acting, etc. -- the special effects, costuming, and cinematography are a treat for the eyes. On that alone I give it thumbs up.

Last edited by AndyDuframe; 06-20-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
SPOILER ALERT!
I liked it. And I don't understand anyone who didn't see the connection with the first Alien film. I mean, come on -- the origin of the space jockey and the roundabout way of explaining that this is where the xenomorph originated? Standing alone, it's a great movie, and combining the story with what we saw in Alien, it only gets better.
As soon as someone starts designing a Prometheus model, I'll be readying my knives.
Google Adsense
Old 06-20-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDuframe View Post
This is a modeling forum, right? Forget about storyline, acting, etc. -- the special effects, costuming, and cinematography are a treat for the eyes. On that alone I give it thumbs up.

Yeah, you are right....
I'm just bitter....
Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Prometheus was not the really the prequel to the Alien because the way it was edited. But in the original script, the movie would be a prequel, ended on the other planetoid, a 2nd moon, with the crashed engineer's ship as in the Alien movie.

Got my Art of Prometheus book from Amazon Monday, the book is awesome! So is the Art of Brave.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
Prometheus was not the really the prequel to the Alien because the way it was edited. But in the original script, the movie would be a prequel, ended on the other planetoid, a 2nd moon, with the crashed engineer's ship as in the Alien movie.

Got my Art of Prometheus book from Amazon Monday, the book is awesome! So is the Art of Brave.

Wish you could share some of the Art of Prometheus book with us....
Have you considered designing an Engineer ship?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
I can't post images from the book because of copy right. But anyone can go online and dig the images from fan sites.

I don't like the Engineer ship.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'd consider anything with Alien-related stuff that preceded the first film a "prequel", but I guess people can call it what they want. A day after seeing Prometheus, I occurs to me that it's concept really wasn't any deeper or more valid than the one presented in the two AVP films (also Alien prequels), which this film seems to be snootily ignoring. I would even argue that those two gave you more popcorn chomping thrills, too.