PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 06-30-2012, 04:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ultra
may god be with you and your family

good luck with your car i know how it feels

ultra stone
Old 06-30-2012, 04:06 AM
Eternal Member

I don't know the make of car but it sounds bad, if you open the oil cap on the engine has it got a kind of creamy looking stuff that looks like the head of a good pint of Guinness?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Hang tough, Corey! A solution will present itself at the right time.

Bart
Old 06-30-2012, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Oh, no worries guys. Our most pressing issue was this weekend and we have been blessed with enough good friends that the situation has been dealt with. Thank you Charles Davenport for his efforts to get me an mt 8 y/o to our festival! My wife, the two other boys, and our house guests are already at the festival, having been picked up this morning for volunteer duty setting up! A lady who goes to our church will be coming by the event later and she is bringing her large passenger van and can take us all home in one shot! So it has worked out.

Now I have a week to figure out what to do about getting to chem and back, but that too will be dealt with. I am sorry if I sounded so bummed. I still am a little but this situation is temporary.

Thank you to all!

Corey
Old 06-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Eternal Member

Corey: Right about now, you DEFINITELY do not need this! We are pulling for you!
Jim
Old 06-30-2012, 08:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-EDSEL View Post
I also know how you feel.
Rebuilt the transmission in my 91 Dodge Dynasty, 4 years ago,
Now it it acting up again.
On top of that, brakes were Grinding, felt a Pop, grinding stopped, but some times acts funny on highway stopping--Pulls one way then other
Hear a rattle noise when I hit expansion joints/bumps at speed.
Hope it is only Sway bar bushing out of place.
I also need to sand and Prime the body as it is rusting badly.
But I am less concerned with that as it is only cosmetic, not structural yet.

Hope all goes well for you.
Might wanna be careful. I had a '91 Ford Mustang that made the same grinding noises. Then came a pop, with the weird handling characteristics...

Then the front left wheel assembly (wheel, brake, strut, etc.) fell off when I did a hard turn in a parking lot.

The ball joint mount had snapped, and was being held in place by about a 1/4 inch of steel, and habit. Luckily it didn't fall off while I was doing 65 on the freeway.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Corey, you certainly don't need this additional trial added to your plate, but as you have found out the power of prayers and friends can help bring things right again. Hang in there, mate, and keep the faith!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 06-30-2012, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
While the automobile catastrophe is bad, it looks like all the good will and help that you have offered to others in the past is being returned by your friends. I add my good wishes and thoughts to those of the others in the Forum Family that you will be able to work through this with their support.

Don
Old 06-30-2012, 01:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct ertz View Post
Oh, no worries guys. Our most pressing issue was this weekend and we have been blessed with enough good friends that the situation has been dealt with. Thank you Charles Davenport for his efforts to get me an mt 8 y/o to our festival! My wife, the two other boys, and our house guests are already at the festival, having been picked up this morning for volunteer duty setting up! A lady who goes to our church will be coming by the event later and she is bringing her large passenger van and can take us all home in one shot! So it has worked out.

Now I have a week to figure out what to do about getting to chem and back, but that too will be dealt with. I am sorry if I sounded so bummed. I still am a little but this situation is temporary.

Thank you to all!

Corey
Corey, I had been praying all last evening and on my way home from work (very early) this morning that God would bless you with people that could help.

Then I read what you posted above and realize God was already answering those prayers even before I prayed them.

You don't need to apologize if you "sounded so bummed", we all understand. The fact that you can still see the positives ("At least it brought my family home safe") shows your true character.

Keep us posted!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:06 PM

Could have been worse, I was once going to work (on the graveyard shift no less!) and was going over an overpass to get on Highway 99 Southbound when some @#$%^&*?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORON runs the stopsign off the northbound exit and runs right into me! Bent the frane, took out all the headlights and turn signals on the drivers side, twisted the radiator, and basicly totaled that old Ford right out. All that he got was his front bumper taken off, and tickets for no insurance, license, etc. The CHP officers tried and tried, but he passed every drunk test they threw at his.
Google Adsense