PaperModelers.com

PaperModelers.com (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/)
-   The CardBoard Lounge (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/cardboard-lounge/)
-   -   Almost made it, now this. (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/cardboard-lounge/20454-almost-made-now.html)

ct ertz 06-29-2012 07:31 PM

Almost made it, now this.

Well, we almost made it. I thought we might just squeeze by but as luck would have it, kaboom! Our car blew up. Water and oil everywhere. It runs but we can't drive it like that. At least it brought my family home safe.

Now I am unsure of what to do. It is our only car and we still have two years of payments on it. Well, long term I am sure something will work out but short term this is going to be a nightmare. We just put in a new transmission four months ago. That was it for cash on hand and we had to scrounge for that. I have no idea what come now. If I was closer to home I could borrow one of my dad's cars until we can get ours running but South Dakota is a bit far from Georgia. The week after next I start another round of chemo and the hospital is 30 miles away. Well, we will figure it out I guess. Just add to talk it through. Prayers would be welcomed about now! Thank you.
Corey

Fishcarver 06-29-2012 07:54 PM

Corey:
This almost exactly happened to me, 2 years ago. So you will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

If you are still paying for the car, don't you have any warranty?

Jim

ct ertz 06-29-2012 08:03 PM

Its a 2003 trail blazer we bought used in 2007. So no warranty. Just payments. It has been a great car until a few months back. Then everything started going...

spaceagent-9 06-29-2012 08:19 PM

best wishes to you.

ct ertz 06-29-2012 08:28 PM

Thanks. It will work out or it won't. I guess.

John Bowden 06-29-2012 08:54 PM

Dang......... just went through a fuel filter and pump replacement due to ethanol gasoline............. so I feel your pain.

Good luck and maybe it won't be too bad to fix........... fingers crossed.

john

SJPONeill 06-29-2012 09:23 PM

Same or similar thing for me at Christmas, John, petrol into the diesel tank due to the dumb-ass that filled it (yours truly!)...that stung!

We live miles from anywhere too, and not having a vehicle would probably do us in so really hoping things pan out for you, Corey - will keep you in our thoughts...

Simon

pdmccool 06-29-2012 10:26 PM

Right there with you Corey. We threw a rod in our '06 Ford Freestar 3 weeks ago, and have no money coming in right now, because of a paperwork snafu with my Notary Public commission. Hang in there.

Tim Crowe 06-30-2012 12:37 AM

You don't seem to be having a great deal of luck at the moment.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Tim

The-EDSEL 06-30-2012 01:23 AM

I also know how you feel.
Rebuilt the transmission in my 91 Dodge Dynasty, 4 years ago,
Now it it acting up again.
On top of that, brakes were Grinding, felt a Pop, grinding stopped, but some times acts funny on highway stopping--Pulls one way then other
Hear a rattle noise when I hit expansion joints/bumps at speed.
Hope it is only Sway bar bushing out of place.
I also need to sand and Prime the body as it is rusting badly.
But I am less concerned with that as it is only cosmetic, not structural yet.

Hope all goes well for you.