PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 08-17-2012, 07:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
A D D and paper modeling

I believe that Adult Attention Deficit Disorder ia ramant in our hobby. I have been here on this site since it formed and before that on the other one which I got thropwn out of because I mouthed off to te Administrator. Anyway I digress.(ADD at work) The reason I bring this up is I was cleaning up my office (hobby room) and found atleast ten different models I have started and never finished. I have a Modelik B-17 about 80% done and it has been sitting for two years now. I started that 1:96 really detailed Apollo Launch platform and never got past the platform it sits on. The rest is in my closet. Then there is the Haunted house waiting for the roof. I started numerous space models as well as airplanes and I can't bring myself to throw an of them out but can't see myself ever finishing them either. What to do----? How many of you guys and gals suffer from this disorder?
Google Adsense
Old 08-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
[raises hand] Yup...my wife was just tellin' me off again last night for buying another model (it was only a small one) when I have so many unfinished ones...
Old 08-17-2012, 07:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 967.02 MB
Yep here too, i think i only finish 2 out of 5 models i start
Old 08-17-2012, 07:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I represent that. Even worse since some of them are ones I've been designing.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Earlier today, on a vain search for something in my extraordinarily cluttered basement, I came upon a large box containing about two dozen unfinished paper models. I am always eager to begin, but tend to get diverted into a new project before finishing an earlier one.

It is my observation that, although there are some excellent model builders who have this same tendency (although in a milder form), most of the very best are people who seem to be able to restrain their impulses and to stick to one model at a time until it is finished.

On the other hand, each of you have commented in this thread have produced some mighty fine models, and Darwin has an exceptional track records of completions of outstanding models.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 08-17-2012, 11:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
The first and only model I have completed was Jan Rukrs Lawgiver Pistol from the Judge Dredd movie. I remember having issues with the gas ejector ports on the barrel. And how proud I was of myself for figuring out how to put those in. But I haven't finished one since. Same for plastic kits. Bought two for my birthday last year and they're still sitting unfinished on the workbench.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Old plastic modellers' joke Axiom: "If in doubt, kitbash, and /or scratchbuild."
I'd think pretty much the same would apply with paper models.
Being honest, I dread the day I have sufficient ink to start printing and building kits.
I fear I'm going to end up with some built, some waiting, and some planned, all at once.

I'm likely to be very much as my confreres here. :p

Kind and Respectful Regards my friends, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.